Nothing Like A Hollywood Party

Sarah's POV

After rehearsal, I went back to my apartment. I placed my purse on the counter before jogging up the stairs. I took a shower and, with a towel wrapped around my body, I looked through my closet. I jumped slightly when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl!!"

"Hey, Alicia." I laughed as my friend squealed excitedly.

"Are you going to the party tonight?"

"I guess," I sighed.

"You guess? Girl! It's the party of all parties. This kind of party is where actors meet musicians! It's like the biggest party in Hollywood! You have to go!"

"I'm only going because Mr. Hanson is bringing his daughter and he wants me to meet her."

"Oh Mr. Hanson has a stick up his ass. He needs a drink. Or maybe 20 drinks."

"Al, he is our producer. Without him we wouldn't have a career."

"Yeah yeah yeah." I could practically see her rolling her eyes. "Anyway, what are you gonna wear?"

"I. . . I have no idea."

"OH! What about that maroon dress? The one you wore to my birthday last year? You know, the one that hangs off your shoulders? You could pair it with those black heels I keep trying to steal from you!"

"You mean the dress I am constantly pulling up and the heels that make my feet throb?" I laughed.

"Exactly! Hey, no pain no gain. Plus there could be a super hot actor there! He could see you from across the room and want to tear the dress off."

"Wow, Miss Thing," I laughed. "Like that would ever happen to me."

"You never know, girly. It could happen."

"Yeah, okay then. I'll see you tonight." I hung up before looking through my closet for the dress Alicia thought would get me laid.

*****

The house was jumping as the base shook the house. I could feel the goosebumps rise as I walked around the pool. I smiled when I say Alicia across the backyard. She waved as she quickly jogged over.

"You look gorgeous!!" She squealed.

"Thanks," I laughed. "You do have great taste."

We spent the rest of the night smiling and talking with "big fans" a.k.a. people who make money whenever someone downloads a song. When I met Mr.Hanson's daughter I was sweet and polite and told her how much it meant to me that she was my biggest fan. I even resisted the eye-roll that followed the phrase I hear a million times; my "biggest" fan.

"Oh. My. Gosh. My feet are killing me!" I sighed when we finally got a minute to ourselves.

"Beauty is pain girlfriend!" Alicia laughed as we got a drink. Suddenly, Alicia's face turned serious. "Oh, hey Mr. Hanson. Great party, sir."

"Thank you, Alicia. Glad you could make it. You know, Sunny. I'm sure our guests would love to hear your new single."

"Oh. . . I umm. . . I don't know. I'm just. . ." I tried to say.

"Now now Sunny. Don't be shy! Why don't you sing Walkashame?" Before I knew it, I was standing onstage, with at least 300 pairs of eyes on me. I swallowed my pride as the music started and I turned into Sunny.

"Oh my God, I put my pants on inside out
I couldn't tell 'cause the lights were out
I beat the sunrise again, oh oh oh
Neighbors stare, I smile and wave 'cause I just don't care
They're probably jealous of my sexy hair
And the heels in my hands
Well please don't judge, it was made late
I had a lot to drink
But I was only being safe

Well don't act like you haven't been there
7 A.M. with the bed head
Everyone knows it's the walkashame

My daddy knows I'm a good girl
We all make mistakes in the drunk world
Everyone here's on the walkashame

Oh my brain, little bird sound like airplanes
How could something so cute cause me so much pain
Well please don't judge, it was made late
I had a lot to drink
But I was only being safe

Well don't act like you haven't been there
7 A.M. with the bed head
Everyone knows it's the walkashame

My daddy knows I'm a good girl
We all make mistakes in the drunk world
Everyone here's on the walkashame

I might be walking but it's only 'cause I'm out of breath
Don't even try to act like you ain't done the same yourself
And if you're gonna do the walk, do it like a boss, a boss
That's right
A little bit of rum in my tummy, yum yum
Must shake it up, and dance like a dummy, dumb dumb
He kissed me and he called me his babe
Asked me to stay
How could I turned that away?
Don't judge, it was made late
I had a lot to drink
But I was only being safe

Don't act like you haven't been there
7 A.M. with the bed head
Everyone knows it's the walkashame

My daddy knows I'm a good girl
We all make mistakes in the drunk world
Everyone here's on the walkashame

Don't act like you haven't been there
7 A.M. with the bed head
Everyone knows it's the walkashame

I said a walk, a walk
Do the walk, the walk, oh walk
Do the walk, the walk, walk walk
It's the walkashame."

I smiled as the crowd cheered. I quickly stepped off stage to be pulled under Mr. Hanson's arm. "That was perfect, Sunny!" And just like that, he was gone.

Alicia walked up to me and handed me a margarita. "Please tell me this is super alcoholic," I whispered to her making the two of us laugh.

"That was great, Sarah. Really. Now, lets party."

We turned around and I gasped when a man bumped into me, spilling my drink over my arm, luckily missing my dress. "Hey!" I called out.

"Oh, sorry," the guy laughed before walking away with, what I would describe as a blonde bimbo.

"Rude," I muttered under my breath.

"OMG!! Do you know who that was?" Alicia squealed as she handed me a napkin.

"A dick who almost spilt my drink down my front, ruining my designer dress?" I asked, not really caring.

"No! Just Hollywood's heartthrob," she said failing to hold in her excitement. "Jeremy Jordan!" She whisper/squealed.

"Well," I sighed, "Hollywood's heartthrob has some real manors."