02

Nova

I hesitantly walked into the room where a fuming NaKia and calm T'Challa stood. The tension in the air was thick, like a fog. You could smell it and feel it, and that my friends is never good. Walking a little further in the room, I made sure the door was closed behind me and bowed to T'Challa like normal. He quickly told me to stand and the sound of his voice was not calm compared to his demeanor. It was shaky, like he was nervous.

This wasn't good. Not. At. All.

"I brought you two here because this is a discussion that needs to be had before my battle with...... that outsider." He spoke with a type of venom that was poisonus. Killmo...... I don't even know how to say his name, left a fire in him I had never seen in him before. And trust me, it was far that his usual personality.

"I still think you're crazy T'Challa! This guy clearly means to kill you!" NaKia was definately angry at this point. Her voice boomed all around the room, and I wasn't sure I really needed to be in here.

I began to point to the door and slowly move back,"Are you sure I should be in here for this? This is clearly something you two need to discuss alo-" T'Challa glared at me and I quickly closed my mouth. NaKia never took her eyes off him, and I understood why she was the way she is. Her actions are all out of love for T'Challa, and anybody could tell just by looking at her.

"Nova... it's time she knows." My eyes widened. I was supposed to be a secret, we were supposed to be a secret. NaKia put her hands on her hips and stared at me.

"What on earth does she possibly know that I don't?" He looked at me and grabbed my hand. He looked at me and his eyes read 'I'm Sorry' and he continued to speak.

"Nova and I have been together...... more than once." He took a deep breath while I held my breath waiting on her reaction. "And I love her."

This sentence I didnt even realize came out his mouth till I saw NaKia open her mouth and say, "What the hell T'Challa?! Her out of all people?!"

I pulled away from his grip on my hand once it all sunk in.

"You cant love me! What about Nakia, King T'Challa? You love her! Not me and you know it!" I knew I shouldn't have raised my voice considering he's my king but this news was new to me, and strange.

"I think we know who i love more. Who has my imprint, you or her?"
I looked at my arm and gasped. I looked up at him and he weakly smiled.

....... I am so fucked.

-

We all stood there in silence. I didn't even know he imprinted me and your supposed to feel it when it happens. Finally, I spoke up.

"W-When did you do this?" It came out more as a whisper than in my actual voice. I knew me and NaKia were both thinking the same thing. I looked up and she had a tear fall out her eye. Look what I did, I feel so horrible.

"Last time we were....... intimate." He chuckled a little and looked at NaKia. She had a hurt look in her eye. I caused this, it's all my fault. If only I just cleaned his room when I was supposed to rather than rushing to get home.

"I'm so sorry NaKia. I know you love him. I feel so horrible. I'm...." I sighed and almost regreted what I was about to say. But got interupted when Okoye walked through the doors. She could feel the tension too, but right now was not the time to question it.

"My king, the battle is almost upon us. You must get ready now." She nodded at us, basically saying get out. NaKia and I walked out of his bedroom and she looked at me. I figured I was going to get yelled at in the middle of the hallway but instead she hugged me. I was totally confused.

"I never wanted to be queen, Nova." She wiped her own tears and placed her hands on my shoulders. "If he loves you enough to imprint you, that means something."

"I don't understand. I-"

"Look we'll talk after T'Challa wins the battle ok?" She gave me a weak smile and I slowly nodded.

We began to go our seperate ways and I started walking towards the servant headquarters to change for the battle. I then ran into W'Kabi, who had the criminal with him in handcuffs. I looked up and saw he was giving me a look. I had no idea what the look was but he seemed to enjoy the sight of me.

"Names Erik Killmonger beautiful. And soon I'll be your king. Maybe even more." W'Kabi smacked him upside the head and looked at me with apologetic eyes. He then kept walking Killmonger down the halls to take him to the battle. Killmonger turned around and gave me a smile, well more of a smirk, a evil, twisted smirk.

-
879 words 😭

The song above is a song I forgot to add to the soundtrack it explains her relationship with T'Challa and possibly Killmonger(I cant tell you all that yet)

Yall have been giving me so much love I really appriciate it ❤️ Thank you for giving me a chance and reading this story . See ya next time

- Taylor