08

Nova

He was laying next to me. I had convinced Erik to stay and not hurt T'Challa. He was currently running his hands through my hair and my head was burried in his chest. I had my hands wrapped around his waist and I still had on my sports bra and joggers. Erik had recently changed into a tshirt and some long sweatpants. Every now and then he would kiss my forehead and rest his head on top of mine. Everyone was so scared of him, and I was too, but for some reason he made me comfortable around him and he was gentle with me. We didn't talk, there was no need to. He knew how I felt, so there was no reason to try and reason with me.

"Babygirl?" I looked up at him and sat up. He looked in my eyes and ran his hand over my cheek. His forehead touched mine and we stayed there for a while, longing for something more, but there was nothing we could do, I was still T'Challa's. Cheating or not, the imprint was still there and I hate it.

"Yes?"

"You need to go back to your room before we both get in trouble. I don't want to get you in trouble, but I'm ready to whoop anybody ass that try you." I chuckled and began to get up but he wouldn't let go of my waist.

"How are you going to tell me to leave but won't let go?" I struggle to pry his hands off of me. He laughs and hold me tighter to give me a harder time. Can't stand this goofball. Finally he lets go and I begin to walk towards the door. I know that Erik is behind me and he wants to say something. Right when I turn around, he pulls me in for a passionate kiss.

The love and all the passion was there. Maybe for me it was lust, maybe it was revenge, but I didn't care. All I wanted at the moment was Erik, and that's exactly what I was getting.

Finally, we pulled away and I blushed, running my fingers through my hair like I always do. He slips his hands in his pocket and rocks on his heels. He smiles at me, not a smirk, not a fake smile, but a real smile. It was as warm and genuine as Erik can get. And honestly it was bery cute.

"You should go now." He reaches for the door at the same time I do and our hands touch. I quickly pulled away and he looks up at me. Then stares me down, he then bites his lip and begins to make a start to close the gap between us but doesn't.

"Babygirl, I promise you on everything. If you weren't his, I would-"

"I know. But regardless of how we feel, I still love your cousin, even though I want to hate him." I looked down at my shoes and he then opened the door.

"So I'll see you later?" Erik was supposed to be in me and Challa's wedding, which by the way is in 2 months, and theres supposed to be a wedding meeting later.

"Yea, you will." I kissed his cheek and walked out the back door to his room. I took the servants hallway to my room. The royal family knows about them, but doesn't know how to get through them. Which is why it's perfect for when I want to be alone, because no royal will find me, even though I'm supposed be a royal soon.

I get to the door for my room and I almost open the door when I hear something from the other side.

"Where is she, Shuri? I need to talk to her."

My heart drops when I hear Challa's voice. I didn't want to face him till late today.

"Well maybe if you didn't lead NaKia on while you were in love with Nova, none of this would've happened!" Shuri screamed at him and then yelled at him to come on. I waited till I heard both sets of footsteps go through the front door and walked into my room.

I looked around the room and changed my clothes into a regular tshirt and pants. I wasn't conserned with pleasing the elders right now. I just wanted to get the meeting over with.

-

I walked into the room where the meeting was held only to see T'Challa in the room with everyone else walking out. I turn to walk behind them but T'Challa grabs my arm.

"Nova, please, let me expl-"

"There's nothing to explain! I wish I never had this imprint and that we didn't go public. Maybe then this would be different!" I had tears threatening to fall from my eyes. However, I wasn't going to let him see me cry again.

"Nov, please dont say that! You're hurting me h-"

"Cousin I suggest you step away from Babygirl."

I gasp as I turn around to see Erik walking toward me and T'Challa. His braids were back to the side and he had on pants and a wife beater. He walked up to me and put a space between me and T'Challa.

"She's my betrothed, what is best for her is not your decision. Nor do you get any type of say."

"Actually, She is my concern when she comes crying to me in the middle of the night after you go and cheat on her!" Erik grits his teeth with every word and his veins begin to pop out his neck.

"Nova....... you told him?"

I nodded and looked away, refusing to phsyically speak to him at the moment. T'Challa tried to walk toward me but Erik blocked his way.

"This isn't over Killmonger." He said as he walked around him and was now face to face eith me.

"I love you, Nov, please remember that." He looked, no, glared at Erik again from walking out without me. Erik hugged me and let me cry in his chest again. Once he could get me calm, he dropped me off by my room and I sat in my room with a blank stare. I should've seen it, I can't believe I was that stupid.

And I wish I did sooner.