06

Nova

I stared at the door and contemplated. Finally, I made my decision. I backed away from the door and sat on my bed listening to him bang on it.

"Whatever you need to say to me, you can do it from where you are!" I responded to him. I could hear him sigh and slide down the door. He was frustrated with me, the king, and all the elders. All for different reasons of course but still.

"Babygirl I need to talk to ya. If somebody hears from out here, they'll think I'm trying to do something to you."

"And if I let you in, they'll think somethings going on." I ran my hand through my hair and sighed..... and proceeded to open the door.

"I'm not letting you in. But you can say whatever from here."

Erik stared at me, and then groaned.

"You're no fun babygirl. No fun at all." He smirked and put his hands in his pockets.

"So as you know, I'm gonna be around for a while. And as we both know, you're getting married to T'Challa soon. And you also know, I like you. Sooooooo, how is this gonna work love?"

I blankly stared at him. He looked dead serious and then I bust out laughing. I held my stomach and then slowly began to calm myself down. When I was done, he still looked at serious as ever.

"Oh! You're serious! Well ummm...." I trailed off and looked down. Erik lifted my head back up with his finger and motioned for me to continue.

"There's no reason to. There's nothing going on between us Erik." I saw his fists begin to clench and his muscles buldge out of his shirt. He began to breathe and once he regained control of himself, he spoke again.

"Nothing going on? No reason? Really babygirl? That's how your feelin'? Wow ok."

He bit his lip and my breath slightly hitched. He chuckled at my reaction and gently touched my hand. My breath hitched again and he smirked. I was trying not to give him the reaction he wanted.

"So you mean to tell me, that those reactions show nothings going on?" He moved back a a little to give me some space. I ran my hands through my hair then stared up at him.

"Just because that happened and there were other instances, means that something is going on between us." Right then was when he pulled me close............

and he kissed me.

~

After that, I kicked Erik out and slammed the door. I slid down the door and though about life for a while. I could get in huge trouble for this. It would be a whole scandal, especially since he's the traitor cousin who tried to take the throne and I'm T'Challa's bethrothed.

Later on that day, all of us, including Erik were supposed to meet in the dining hall for dinner. I made sure I was presentable before I walked out the door. And as I opened it, I saw NaKia.

Well, well, well. Such great timing.

Note my sarcasm.

"Nova can we walk together? We never got to talk."

I nodded and we began to walk towards the dining hall. She looked really nervous and honestly I didn't want her to be.

"NaKia, your making me nervous please talk."

She nervously laughed and we slowed down our pace to keep walking. I saw something I had never seen before in her, defeat.

"Ive known you and Challa were intimate." she sighed and then proceeded with her statement, "I thought that if I pretended it was fake then it wasnt real. But the more time he spent with you, the more I realized that it wasn't a frigment of my imagination."

I nodded at her words. I was shocked she already knew.

"And I want you to be careful. I know Killmonger is trying to fight for your affection. I think everyone has heard about it by now though. Just be careful and make sure nothing gets blown out of proportion." She gave me a hug and we eventually made it to the dinning hall. Challa, Shuri, Erik, and Romonda were already sitting at the table waiting on us. The tension in the room was thick and I felt this type of tension before. It was overpowering, but I didn't want to ask about it.

I went to sit between Shuri and T'Challa. Challa kissed my hand and out the corner of my eye I saw Erik grow a snarl on his face. He seemed really upset. But when I looked at him, he calmed down and gave me a small smile. Challa didn't take to kindly of this but I squeezed his hand to calm him down.

NaKia looked at me and gave me a look saying it would be ok. But would it really?

~

After dinner, I excused myself to my room and allowed myself to take a shower and change clothes. When I walked out, the lights were off and I saw a figure on the bed.

"Dang babygirl you take hella long showers."

I jumped, realizing the figure on my bed was Erik, who somehow snuck into my room. He got up and walked towards me while i proceeded to walk backwards.

"I just need one kiss and I'm gone princess. Just one."

I was up against the wall and his hands landed on both sides of me, not allowing me to get out. He grabbed my chin and stared into my eyes, i guess looking in my eyes for something I don't know.

"You are going to get in so much trouble if they find out." I looked at him and tried to push his arms from beside me but they wouldn't budge.

"I need one kiss princess. I can't take it anymore. Just one!"

I looked at him, sighed and leaned in..........

And that was the beginning of the end.

————————————————————————
993 words 😝

8k views brooo 😭 thats freaking amazing. thank you so mych for baring with me while i got through my hiatus and my writers block i love yall and all the support yall have been giving me .

Until next time,

Taylor 🤞🏽