03

Nova

I couldn't listen during the ceremony before the challenge. It's not that I wasn't supposed to, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. NaKia and Okoye told me I need to show my imprint while there so the elders knew before anyone else. As I walked in, they all seemed calm and unfazed by the fact I was the one he chose. Killmonger was waiting in the middle of the falls while T'Challa was being stripped of the power of the Black Panther. After he was stripped of the powers completely, Killmonger began to speak. Something told me to listen to this for some reason. Yet I didn't start listening till he said something I actually needed to hear.

"All those deaths, and now I kill you." He jumps at T'Challa and he swings his sword at Killmonger as a reflex. The young man with marks all over him laughed and then began to stare at me, more specifically my imprint, and his smile slowly disappeared. He growled at T'Challa and then gestured at me.

"So you imprinted her huh? She deserves way better than you, you probably did that just so she couldn't be with anyone else." Killmonger swung his weapon and T'Challa blocked it. Thus the challenge fight began. During the whole fight, they were arguing about alot, including me. Ramonda came beside me and side hugged me while Shuri came to my other side.

"You know what, Erik, I actually do love her. And after I take you down, I'm going to make her my wife!" So his name is Erik, weird. T'Challa punched him in the nose while Erik took a whole 2 seconds to process what he just said.

After that, Erik or Killmonger or whatever he fucking calls himself, lost it.

He began beating T'Challa by an obvious advantage. Then out came one of the elders trying to stop the whole fight. I learned his name was Zuri during my time here. He was a very sweet man, and loved everyone in the palace like they were his own.

"Stop! Don't kill him, kill me. I was the one who betrayed your father so don't kill T'Challa kill me!"

Everyone froze at his words. No one knew anything about this. Ramonda gasped beside me and I knew that her reaction was real. Everyone else else's reaction seemed to be the same way. Erik said someting about an Uncle James, I guess that's what he called Zuri back in the states, and then proceeded to bring his fist in Zuri's face and pushed him down.

"Zuri, no!" T'Challa cried out. Zuri then fell unconsious in the water. We all began to silently cry, even though we knew he was alive. I missed about two minutes of the fighting after that until T'Challa said something.

"Look Erik! We can make you one of the highest members of this council. You are my cousin and there is no denying it. Please, save yourself from all the distruction that will come." Erik stopped from picking him up and placed him on the ground. T'Challa slowly raised himself up and outstretched his hand toward his cousin. Erik looked at him, everyone else, and finally me. The tears in my eyes obviously said 'Don't kill him." He nodded at me and the look in his eyes changed, like he was sorry for something. Then, after moments of him staring at T'Challa's hand, he took it and shook it with a tight grip.

Everyone sighed with relief knowing it was over, but we still had to worry about Zuri, who was still laying in the water unconsious. I couldn't take the sight of him laying like that so I, along with NaKia and Shuri began to take the walk back to the palace.

-

I laid in my bed in a tank top and some shorts. The gown I was in for the challenge made me very hot and I wanted out of it ASAP. As I looked up at the ceiling, I heard somebody come in my room and shut the door. I looked up and it was T'Challa. I slowly got up off my bed and he walked towards me. Once he got to me, he pulled me in a tight hug and I began to cry in his arms.

"I almost lost you." I whispered in his chest. He put his hand in my hair and began shushing me. He pulled back, kissed my forehead, and pulled me back in again.

"I haven't even gotten to marry you yet, I wasn't gonna let you go anywhere." He placed his head on top of mine and held me some more.

Soon he had to leave and I walked out to find NaKia so we could talk. We didn't get to talk after the challenge was over. I found Okoye and Shuri talking on this other side of the palace. They smiled at me and Shuri pulled me into a hug.

"Hello, future sister-in-law, what's up?" She had a huge smile on her face and so did Okoye, and I rarely saw her smile.

"Have you guys seen NaKia? She wanted to talk to me." They both shrugged. A door opened and closed behind me and they looked behind me to see who it was. When I tell you Okoye got in front of me so quick, I automatically knew who it was.

"I was hoping me and beautiful over there could talk. I mean she's gonna be my cousin soon after all." I turned around and saw Killmonger with joggers and his shirt still off. He looked at me and nodded his head, " 'Sup babygirl?"

"You will not come near or talk to the future queen of Wakanda like that!" Okoye told him as she pointed her spear at him. I came from behind her and lowered her spear.

"It's ok, Okoye. If I'm going to be queen, I'm going to have to talk to him eventually." She looked at him and then at me. "Are you sure, Nova?"

"I'm positive. Just stand outside the door and if there's an issue I'll scream." She looked at me and then glared at him. "If I find even the tinyest scratch on her, your getting it!"

I followed Erik into his room and he sat on the bed. I leaned against the wall and began to play with my fingers.

"You know," I looked up to see him smirking at me. "I've never seen anybody as beautiful as you as long as I've been alive." He leaned his arms over his legs and bit his lip.

"I'm with your cousin, and I have his imprint." I crossed my arms and put one of my legs in front of the other.

"You had to hide your relationship till before I challenged him. Everyone found out when I did, I was kind of upset."

"And why is that?" He pushed himself off of the bed and moved towards me. He kept a good distance between us remembering what Okoye told him.

"You deserve better beautiful. You had to keep your relationship with him a secret until now. No one should have to go through that." He stuck his hands in his pockets.

Finally he broke his patience and closed the space between us. He ran his hand through my hair and looked down at my lips. Then he looked up at me and began to lean in. Before he could get any closer I backed away.

"This cant happen."

"Yes it can." He smirked and got back on his bed. He patted next to him but I shook my head no.

"....... I have to go." I leaned against the door and let myself out. Before the door comepletely closed Killmonger said one more thing.

"You cant stay without me for long, your mine!"

I completely closed the door and dismissed Okoye once she realized I was scratch free. I let out a breath of relief. Yet, I knew this was only the beginning.

-
1343 words omg im so proud of myself

Seriously yall thanks so much for all the love in the comments you make me want to write more when I see yalls reactions . and thanks for 1k reads in literally like 5 days thats freaking amazing .

see ya in the next chapter

- Taylor ❤️