Part 7

When the dawn broke outside, the alarm at Orihime's place went off. Rukia woke up, remembering all the fun she had with Orihime last night. They've cooked delicious food, watched a movie and laughed together. It was a pretty relaxing evening for both of them. Orihime enjoyed having a guest stay over at her place, because it's been a while since anyone came to her house. Tatsuki was still away for Karate Championship, so she started to feel a bit lonely. Rukia coming over was a perfect solution for both of them. It helped Rukia clear her mind and process everything that has been happening with Ichigo lately.
"Good morning, Rukia. How did you sleep?"
Orihime asked her friend.
"Morning. Very good, thanks for asking, Orihime. I haven't slept this well in a while now. Your sofa is really comfy compared to Ichigo's tiny closet." Rukia said and smiled.
"I am so glad to hear that. Well, now that we got our beauty sleep, we should head off to school, it's getting pretty late." Orihime said.
"Yeah, we should go." Rukia agreed and stood up. Few moments later, she went to get her clothes. Orihime went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and get changed. When she closed the door of her bathroom, she faced herself in the mirror.
I look miserable.
She thought while looking at the big dark circles that have formed under her eyes. She took a concealer to cover them up and then she remembered how pretty Rukia's skin was. Beautiful, glowing and white as snow. It was pretty much perfect. It created a big contrast against her dark, black hair. She was beautiful.
No wonder Ichigo likes her.
She thought to herself.
"Your sofa is really comfy compared to Ichigo's tiny closet."
She remembered Rukia's words.
She even sleeps in his bedroom, in his house. Rukia and Ichigo are so close. I wish I had the same connection with him as she does...
She silently drowned in her own thoughts.
No, what am I thinking about! I shouldn't be having these kind of thoughts! Rukia is one of my really close friends, just like Ichigo and here I go, being secretely jealous of her. I am such a terrible person!
Knock. She turned around and faced the door when she heard a sharp knock at the bathroom's door.
"Yeah?" She answered.
"Are you ready? We should go, it's getting late." She heard Rukia's voice behind the wooden door.
"Yeah, I am coming!" She said and got out immediately. They walked down to school together and spent the rest of their school day together. When Rukia saw Ichigo in school, they just awkwardly said "hey" to each other. Nothing else. Rukia immediately remembered their fight. She had the flashback of their conversation by the lake.
"Tell me why."
"What do you mean?"
"Tell me what made you get so upset you screamed at me because of Kaien."
"I am not sure."
"Do you not like him? Have you met him before?"
"No, I guess I just had one of my moments...I must have been moody. I am sorry."
She remembered specifically that part.
I was so stupid for hoping he was actually jealous of Kaien...I am stupid to even think he would care for me any differently than for a friend. I don't know what happened to me...
She thought. Rukia herself realized she was different than before. Ever since they kissed at Orihime's that night, she couldn't stop thinking about Ichigo. She just couldn't get him out of her head, no matter how hard she tried to. Little does he know that she replayed the memory of their kiss about a million times in her mind. She remembers that moment clearly. Him slowly leaning in, feeling that tingling sensation in her back down her spine, her heart pounding and her lips being massaged by another being. All she remembered was his orange hair, his unique scent and his gentle lips. She tried to deny it to herself in the beginning, but she gave in because she knew she fully enjoyed that kiss. She wanted it. She craved it. Badly. Just like he did. But she didn't know that. She thought that he was just doing his duty in order to win. But both of them craved each other, but they resisted because they were friends and it wouldn't make any sense to do that. They were ashamed of having those sort of feelings for each other because it was making them feel uncomfortable and weird. It was ruining their friendship. Both of them knew that the night was getting closer. They knew that they would have to spend another night in Ichigo's room, all alone, by themselves. For how long were these two able to stay proud, act like they don't feel anything and resist each other? For how long were they able to fight those feelings that are consuming them completely? Things are about to get awkward...