Sequel Announcement

That's right! You heard right!

Rune Mage is getting a sequel!

I'm going to try something new -- the sequel will be posted in the same book as Book 1

I'm going to try something new -- the sequel will be posted in the same book as Book 1. The entire sequel will be available on Wattpad. Here's an excerpt from Chapter 1 of the sequel to Rune Mage -- CHAOS MAGE.

A last explosion rocked Seiren to her very core. She knew the sound as well as she knew her own self. The faint hiss before an earth-shuddering boom, crackling through the air, combined with the flakes of paint raining around her: this was the same explosion set off in her Finberry home the night Zor Jarsdel killed her father and Madeleine.

Her ears rang. The world swam in and out of focus. Madeleine's face floated before her, brown eyes wide with concern, her lips, fuller and wider than Seiren's, moving without a sound. She shook Seiren. Her thoughts were so slow, as if she'd been struck with an indigo rune.

Pain exploded across her cheek. Seiren's head snapped to the left. She blinked and sucked in a gasping breath. The world had gone dark.

"Are you all right?" Madeleine was in her face again, hands gripping her shoulders. Seiren could barely make out her features.

"I—Kristen!"

Madeleine released the last of her burst, dropping the earth shelter she'd built around them. A shattered chunk of ceiling lay in pieces around them. Groaning bodies lay everywhere.

Seiren struggled to get up with her legs of jelly. Hannans? The stench of the smoke made breathing impossible. Her eyes streamed with tears, blinded. She clutched Madeleine and they hobbled to the front as the last of the explosions died down. Through the haze and rushing of bodies, dark shapes floated at the spot Kristen and Kommora stood just before the explosion. Blood thumped in Seiren's eardrums. She'd wondered if Kristen would pull off something like this, but didn't imagine it would actually happen. Just as Kristen faked her death six years ago, she could pull a similar stunt. Being shackled with nullifying ties and having no means of accessing celestial energy were not obstacles.

"She's gone," Madeleine whispered.

What do you think?

The full chapter 1 will be available in THIS BOOK on MARCH 1st, updating Tuesdays and Fridays (Chapter 2 will update on Mar 6th). I'll be posting Chapter 1 on THE FROG BLOG on FEBRUARY 27th to drum up some excitement (I hope at least one of you is as excited as I am...) so if you want to see it 2 days early, check it out there -- the link is on my profile!