chapter four

"richie," mike looked at him.
"what the fuck do you want?" mike shot his brother a nasty look before he began to speak again.
"don't fuck this up."

the boys were getting ready for their combined birthday party- which neither boys were happy about.
richie wasn't as mad as mike was, though. he thought mike's friend, max, was kinds cute.
thinking of max, richie blushed a little. he smiled a bit & looked down, covering his facial expressions.

"you think staring at her is gonna work?" bev marsh, one of richie's only girl friends asked him. richie was so focused looking at max that he didn't even realize his friend come up from behind him.
"jesus, bev," he took a sharp breath. "can you, like, NOT fucking do that?"
"you can't make a girl fall in love with you if you don't talk to her."
"i tried."
"try harder, you fuck face," she nudged him. "get up, & go talk to her."
   "but what do i say?" richie stood up as bev started pushing him towards max.
   "doesn't matter..." she gave him one lasy shove & sent him towards max.
   max cut off from her conversation with eddie & dustin & looked up at richie as he stumbled his way over to him.
   "hi," richie awkwardly smiled at her as she moved a little bit to make room for him on the crowded sofa.
   she smiled at him. he didn't know what to say but he wanted to talk to her.
   he looked over at bev & widened his eyes as to say what the fuck do i do next?
   richie watched as beverley stood & called the room to silence.
   "okay, fuckos! lets play spin the bottle," she laughed & sat down, gesturing for people to join her in sitting in a circle.
   richie looked over a mike, checking to see if mike would oppose. but mike just shrugged, kissing his girlfriend, el.
   "wanna play?" he asked max.
   "sure," she shrugged.
   "okay, here's how its gonna go," bev explained. "im gonna spin the bottle & whoever it lands on i'll give your a truth or dare question."
   "let's start then," stan uris- who didn't normally speak much, said.
   bev spun the bottle. richie was hoping it would land on him. he knew bev would try to
help him by giving him a dare that had to do
with max.
   "richie!" bev clapped, knocking out of the daydream he slipped into without his consent.
   "oh, um, fuck," he began "dare," he shrugged.
   "i dare you to go seven minuets in heaven with the person to your left," richie looked over to his left,
   max looking back at him.