chapter nine

stan, eddie & beverly walked through the woods in thr barrens, trying to find something exciting to do.
bill was at speech therapy, for his stutter. mike promised he would help out his father on the farm today, Ben devoted his day to be in the air condtioned library, reading up about all things mechanics.
richie just said he had something to do.
The three walked in a straight line, eddie standing in the front, beverly in the middle & stan trudging his feet a little behind bev.
"stanley uris i swear to god i will loose my shit if you KEEP. DRAGGING. YOUR FEET."
"guys," eddie stopped. "shut up for a second."
"what now?"
"i heard something,"
there was silence.
eddie swore he heard something. it kind of sounded like laughter.
then he heard it again.
"i heard it!"
stan tilted his head, "is that..?"
"RICHIE!?" eddie cupped his hands around his mouth & yelled, cutting off stan.
the three heard leaves rustling.
"fuck," they heard.
they heard another voice.
"whose he with?" stan
"is that a.. girl!?" eddie raised his eyebrows
"oh, i know who he's with," bev smiled & started walking toward where they heard the voices.

max & richie sat in the woods, they were gonna read the magazine they took, but richie dropped it along the way.
"in absolute awe on how you can drop a magazine & not notice??"
"hey, man," richie said sarcastically "not cool."
so they just talked.
& they talked,
& they talked,
until they heard a yell
"RICHIE!?"
they both jumped.
"what the fuck!?"
"that was eddie. fuck," he whisper-yelled.
they heard footsteps approach them. except it wasn't just eddie. they heard other people.
"whose he with?"
"not sure," bev replied.
"lets investigate," stan began to nudge bev to walk foward.
"oh, god." richie said.
"what?"
"i see them." the two acted like the hadnt noticed them & acted like they were having a normal conversation.
"richie!?" eddie said.
"oh!" richie leaned backwards a little to see his friends. "eds, hey!"
the three of richie's friends got closer & soon max was able to recognize them.
the one in front was eddie kaspbrak. he wore a hard cast on his arm & held an aspirator.
the girl behind eddie was beverly marsh, known as bev. a fellow ginger with an almost pixie-style haircut. who, unbeknownst to max, would end up being her best friend.
the last boy had curly hair. max guessed it was stan uris. she spoke to him the other night at the wheeler boys' party. she knew nothing about him except for his large interest in birds.
"richie what're you doing out here alo-" he stopped in his tracks, looking at max. "oh, hi." max smiled at eddie.
"hello, eds. beverly, stanley, how are you two."
richie asked.
the two behind eddit shrugged.
"hiii maxx," bev said, grinning at the two together.
"fuck off," he swatted at her legs. "shoo!"
"beep beep, richie."
"beep beep richie?" max tilted her head to the side. "whats that supposed to mean?"
"its how we get richie to shut up," stan piped up from the back of the group.
max chuckled & looked back at richie. "hmm. beep beep, richie. how fun."
"well, we better get going." eddie began. "stans on the lookout for some special bird."
"no i'm no-"
"now, stanley!"
"sheesh," bev muttered.
"well, goodbye, eds."
"dont call me eds."
sheesh. max thought. richie told me he was uptight but i didn't know he was such a bitch.
the three walked away from max & richie. they were finally alone. richie looked back in their direction before looking back at max.
"awkward."

OwO!? whats this!? a new chapter!? wow!!!!!! i made this one xtra long bcuz i havent posted in so long🤤🤤 enjoy greasies!!