chapter three

Diana walked in alongside her sister, her eyes were held upon the banner of her brother causing her to advert her eyes

Diana walked in alongside her sister, her eyes were held upon the banner of her brother causing her to advert her eyes. A long sigh escaped her lips, waiting for Veronica as people kept making eye contact with her then whispering, same with Cheryl. A hand gently took her arm. Spinning around, the strawberry blonde smiled at Veronica. "Hey," the two exchanged. The two began laughing before going to the dance floor.

"I'm really excited you agreed to come with me." Diana said. Although her siblings shared their mother's brown eyes, Diana had gotten her dad's bright green eyes. Veronica noted how easily it was to get lost in eyes like those. Two matching emeralds that Veronica loved. Cheryl crossed her arms watching on. Her eyes flickered up to her brother's portrait. She wasn't going to let him down. He was Diana's soul protector and cared so much for the younger girl. Veronica Lodge was not going to ruin her sister.

Shaking her head, she went onto the stage. A fake smile was displayed upon her lips as the Pussycats prepared to preform. A hand softly took Diana's and the strawberry blonde smiled at Veronica. The cheering broke her out of a trance and her eyes faced forward to her sister once more. "As honorary chairperson de facto queen of tonight's semi-formal, it's my greatest pleasure to introduce tonight's entertainment. I give you Josie and the Pussycats, and they will be playing a song that my parents claimed to have been listening to the night Jason and I were conceived." A sigh escaped Diana's lips as she rolled her eyes softly. "This one is for you, JJ." Cheers exploded as the Pussycats began to preform.

Veronica smiled softly, looking at Diana. "May I have this dance?" She asked gently. Diana grinned, nodding her head as the slow song played. "I must admit though, I feel awkward dancing to a song that my sister and brother were... conceived... to..." She smiled slightly, a small laugh escaping her pink lips. Veronica joined in slightly.

"Get those four lovebirds to my party tonight." Cheryl pointed to Betty and Archie who both looked upset and her sister, who was laughing along with Veronica. "I'm in the mood for chaos and to show my sister the danger in relationships." Cheryl smirked softly causing both Ginger and Tina to smirk after her, copying her motions before doing as told.

Veronica learned about Betty's heartbreak, sitting in the middle of the Blossom and Cooper, trying to console the broken blonde

Veronica learned about Betty's heartbreak, sitting in the middle of the Blossom and Cooper, trying to console the broken blonde. Diana, on the other hand, was looking at Cheryl, knowing the girl was planning something by the look on her face. "Gather round, kids. It's game time at Chez Blossom." Her lips twisted upwards suspiciously. "Tonight, we're going old school with Seven Minutes in Heaven. Who wants to tryst in the closet of love first? My vote is..." Her eyes stopped at the ginger boy across from her. "A for Archie." Reggie seconded that enthusiastically.

Cheryl cleared the table, placing an empty cherry soda bottle on the table. "All right, everyone. Let's see who's going to ride this ginger stallion." Diana's hand gently reached over, softly placing it on Betty's shoulder for comfort. The bottle stopped, clearly in the middle, but Cheryl begged to differ. "It's obviously pointing to the new girl." Cheryl straightened her posture. "This should be fun." Crossing her arms, she glanced around the room, seeing the frown on her sister's face.

Veronica looked at Betty and then at Diana. "I'm not doing this." She stated. She had a growing crush on the Blossom beside her and wanted to make a new start and be a good friend to Betty. Her eyes met Archie's before Cheryl tapped her fingers on the table.

"Well, alright." Cheryl said. "But, house rules decree that if you don't, the hostess gets your turn." Veronica looked down before standing up with a glare. Betty and Diana both watched as she entered the closet before Betty took off. Quickly, Diana flew after her to make sure she was okay. Diana discarded her heels at her front door, catching up to Betty, pulling the girl-next-door in a hug.

"My sister is a bitch. I'm so sorry she did this to you." Diana whispered as Betty hugged back, tears continuing to run down her pink blushed cheeks. Betty tightened her grip slightly. "I know it sucks, but, Betty Cooper, you are so strong and you will get through this. I promise." Diana spoke. She walked Betty the rest of the way home before returning to her place, avoiding Veronica when she ran out. Veronica tried to get the Blossom girl to talk to her, but Diana's eyes were glued onto the floor, Reggie walking out and gently taking her.

A smirk tugged on Reggie's lips. "Excuse me, Veronica, but didn't you do enough to my girl?" He asked, clearly being an overprotective friend. "Come on, Diana, let's get you inside." He took her into the manor, leaving a stranded Lodge outside to reflect. What sucks is, Diana could tell by her messed up lipstick that Veronica and Archie had kissed. Not just kissed but made out. As Reggie took her to her over-sized room, she fell on her bed, sobbing quietly.