Chapter Eleven

/just an fyi, you all are going to love this chapter.

Diana watched Archie run off and her heart pounded. If he couldn't do it, she really couldn't. Taking a deep breath, she walked onto the stage. "Hi, I'm Diana Blossom, and I'll be playing What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction in the style of The Piano Guys on piano." She said nervously. The Pussycats looked on, amused. Veronica Lodge however looked on with a look of admiration.

Diana sat on the piano bench, her fingers finding the right keys on the piano. She took in a deep breath before laying the song. Of course, it didn't have all the extra instruments, just The Piano Guys sheet music. She played it out, concentrating on the notes, her fingers dancing along the piano gracefully until the end. Everyone cheered, but Veronica's was the loudest. Diana said a quick thank you before exiting the stage. This performance, the night of, was going to be the performance of a life time.

During lunch, Diana didn't eat with the gang for once. Instead, she was eating with Cheryl and her Barbies. Diana was writing in her journal quietly. Soon enough, a text went through asking where Diana was from Veronica, but Diana couldn't respond at the moment, having some notes on how to perfectly ask out the vixen. She needed this to be perfect. Veronica deserved the world and this is the only way to do it. By asking her out at the Variety Show. Hopefully, it worked.

Veronica saw her in her chemistry class, walking up to her. "Hey, you didn't answer my texts... Did I upset you in someway? Can I fix it?" She questioned with a worried look in her brown eyes. She hated feeling like she was mad at her. She didn't want Diana to be mad at her because if she was she needed to find our how to fix it. She couldn't deal with losing someone else.

Diana smiled softly. "Everything is perfect. I just ate with Cheryl today and I made the Variety Show... I heard you did too!" She grinned widely, standing up and hugging Veronica tightly. Veronica was caught off guard for a moment, but hugged back. Cheryl looked at the two, a snarl upon her face. Betty, Kevin, and Archie also looked on them. Kevin and Betty grinned, but Archie just looked upon them annoyed.

Pulling away, Diana bit her lip slightly. There was a small smile upon her lips as they parted slightly. "I have a surprise for you on the night." She said, softly cupping Veronica's cheek. The teacher came in, causing them both to scatter to their sears quickly. It was at this moment that Veronica knew that she 100% wanted to be with Diana.

"Hello Riverdale High, and welcome to the 75th annual Variety Show!" Kevin greeted excitedly

"Hello Riverdale High, and welcome to the 75th annual Variety Show!" Kevin greeted excitedly. Many applauded and whistled as the people backstage got ready. Veronica smiled at Diana across the room as Diana focused on her make up. "I would first like to welcome Josie and the Pussycat's with an original cover of Donna Summer's I Feel Love." He said as the Pussycats began getting on stage. Diana looked at Veronica from behind the curtain with a wide smile, smiling wider as she began to harmonize with Josie.

After the Pussycats went on stage, Archie Andrews followed. A few other went on after and it almost felt never-ending, yet her name was called. Diana stepped on stage making eye contact with Veronica Lodge and then began her piece. Her fingers graceful as they were and her playing beautiful. It was over now and the girl walked off stage. As soon as she saw Veronica, she ran to her, their lips clashing. It was the moment they both waited for and upon seeing each other made them crave for it. Finally, they did something about their romantic tensions. Yet, Veronica found out something about her mother that broke her. She went behind her back, signing her name, and giving Fred the award for SoDale. Their romance for the night was short-lived for the moment, but neither had forgotten about this the next morning.

Veronica and Betty had just left the student lounge and began to talk enthusiastically about how Riverdale's own (as Veronica put it) Holden Caulfield put his arm around Betty and how they they had a moment. However it happened, it did and Betty brought up Diana. Veronica went red and admitted how they had a moment as well. Betty already knew it. There was a certain glow about Veronica and she really liked Diana. Despite her being a Blossom, Diana was sweet and someone that Veronica really needed in her life.

Yet, today, Diana was nowhere to be seen. Which was odd because neither was Cheryl. Then a Tweet caught the attention of the students of Riverdale posted by CherylBombshell herself. "#PollyCooperKillerMyBrother, #NowhereToHide" and that's when Veronica knew that even Diana would be on the Blossom's side. Normally, she wouldn't and fight against this idea, but not knowing the story can cause too many suspicions. Veronica tried calling and texting but there was no response. When she texted Cheryl, the ginger devil had said her sister was in a state of despair and didn't want to speak to anyone. But, Veronica had to see her. However, the time wasn't right.

Eversgreen Forest was where Veronica saw her for the first time all day

Eversgreen Forest was where Veronica saw her for the first time all day. She wore grey like her family. Her dad and her had hooked arms, Cheryl and her mother kept staring forward wwhile hound dogs were sniffing the trail. Behind her, was the police station. The only thing was, Veronica didn't see any sign of Diana's optimism in her features. There were tear stains down her face as she kept it straight. Veronica looked at her in worry as the Blossoms approached the Coopers.

Penelope was the first to speak up, like always. "Alice Cooper. Where is she? Where's Polly?" She sneered with her dark glare. There was something menacing about it. Veronica noticed that when her mother spoke, Diana flinched slightly. Cheryl crossed her arms, mirroring her mother as her father just glared at them all.

Alice took in a deep breath before answering coldly to the ginger lady. "You think if I knew that, I'd be out here with the mosquitoes?" Alice questioned her, trying to stay sane in the situation at hand. Though, how could anyone. Although Alice knew Polly didn't kill anyone, nobody else did. Which made this situation ten times harder for the Cooper family. They needed to find her and fast. At least, before they did.

"Face facts, Mommy Dearest." Cheryl spoke up. "Polly killed Jason." She popped the 'p' when she said the name of the blonde runaway. "She escaped from the asylum once, who's to say she didn't before, say the day Jason got murdered?" Clifford continued on what Cheryl had said.

Penelope looked at Alice once again. "The noose is tightening around your murdering daughter's neck. I know it. Sheriff Keller knows it." Penelope spoke with venom. Veronica and Betty made eye contact before Veronica looked at Diana again. She couldn't believe that Diana had taken their side. A side who's honesty and loyalty always seemed to falter. "And, I promise you, when we find her, and we will find her, the entire town will know too." Penelope had a fake smile growing upon her malicious features. The situation only worsened when the Cooper's said that Polly Cooper was pregnant with Jason's baby later that day.