Chapter Thirteen

"We're here!" Cheryl walked in, pushing the stroller in, followed by Nana Blossom, her mother, and Diana

"We're here!" Cheryl walked in, pushing the stroller in, followed by Nana Blossom, her mother, and Diana. Diana gave Veronica a soft smile, but looked at her mom. Veronica sighed slightly, knowing they wouldn't be able to really talk yet. Which sucked, because she missed her girlfriend. "No big deal. Only the best stroller money could buy." Cheryl parked it, grinning madly. She looked insane, but she was still beautiful. Which made Diana slightly jealous, of course.

A few minutes in, everyone was crowding Nana Blossom and Polly. The elderly lady was going on about predicting the sex. "Nana has dementia and gypsy blood." Cheryl said, making Veronica look at her weird. She looked at Diana who was laughing at something a girl was telling her over by the cupcakes. Valerie Brown. She still knew how to make her smile. Although, Veronica had no idea about the history, she was still jealous. Looking at them with slightly narrowed eyes until Nana Blossom knocked her out of thought.

A look of excitement ran across her face as she grinned at Polly. "It's twins! One of each!" She stated excitedly before everyone started towards the presents. When Polly was about to open the Blossom's present, Archie came in, uninvited. Stomping towards Jughead. Diana sighed before her mother went back to handing her their gift.

It was a Trojan horse that "has been in our family for generations". That's what Penelope had said before Cheryl dropped a bombshell. Well, more like just asked for something that Alice Cooper hated. "Oh, Polly stay with us." She grinned at the blonde widely.

For once, even Penelope was on Cheryl's side. "Cheryl's invite is genuine. Thornhill's gates will always be open to you. The child would want for nothing. You would want nothing." Penelope grinned at Polly- and not a fake one for once in her life. It was genuine, like Cheryl's invatation. Veronica looked at Diana for a reaction, but Diana wasn't near them. She was at the cupcakes.

As Alice began her argument, Veronica watched as Diana began to turn around. The Blossoms and Coopers were in war once more. Her green eyes stared in wonder. "This is why Jason is dead! Because of this hate. This pointless, stupid fighting." Alice went to taken Polly's arm for comfort, but Polly moved away. "No, don't touch me. We were supposed to be together. And you didn't let us have that. Neither of you. And, you know, it cost Jason his life." Polly looked st them for a few more moments, walking away. Alice called out her name, but she continued to walk.

The board of trustees for the Blossom Maple Farms were in Riverdale

The board of trustees for the Blossom Maple Farms were in Riverdale. They always came around this time of the year, but this time, Jason wasn't there. This would create a dramatic tear with the maple syrup industry. So, Diana needed the one person with her that made her feel better.

"Veronica, it's maple syrup season in Riverdale." Diana walked up behind the raven haired girl. She had a grin upon her lips, hugging her close. "I would love for you to be my date." She went around the couch pecking her lips softly in a greeting.

Veronica smiled when Diana kissed her. "Well, hello to you too." She spoke with a grin. "I would love too." Veronica confirmed, taking her hands. "Also, just in time, we're celebrating." She spoke when Jughead entered. She then popped a fruit into her mouth before feeding Diana one, which she took gratefully.

"Archie was just telling us how he's going to some super-exclusive music program this summer." Kevin said, after noticing that Veronica was now in her own world, feeding Diana fruits.

Archie smiled, but shook his head slightly. "Maybe. If it happens though, it'd be huge for me." Archie said with a growing smile, proud of himself for this opportunity. And all he had to do was take Cheryl to the the tree-tapping ceremony.

Jughead sat beside Betty on the arm of the chair. "Do you have to audition for it?" He asked his ginger best friend, curious on the circumstances. Diana looked at him too, wondering the same.

"Not exactly." Archie answered, looking around at everyone. "Mrs. Blossom came by earlier saying she'd put in a word for me." He said, creating confusion to become apparent in Diana's face. Her mother wanted something bigger than what she told Archie. It was obvious.

"Amazing." Kevin said simultaneously as Veronica said, "terrifying." They looked at each other, not used to having disagreements hardly ever. Jughead then interrupted the short glances. "Uh-huh. What's she getting out of it?" He asked the ginger bull. Diana nodded, wanting to know the information as well. Even if she was Penelope's daughter, she had no idea of what was going on.

Archie grabbed his chip bag, putting his hand in it to grab another chip before answering hesitantly. "I told her I'd take Cheryl to their family's tree-tapping thing. I already talked to Valerie and she said she's cool with it." This earned Jughead to comment, "cool with becoming a gigolo now?" Of course, it annoyed the oblivious boy. "I'm doing someone a favor for my music, Jughead. I need to make connections outside of Riverdale." He finished.

Veronica picked up her latte, looking at him. "That's the way of the world. It's all about connections. But, Jughead's right. These kinds of favors always come with a price tag. Betty, back me up here." She looked at her bestie for help on the situation at hand.

However, Betty was no help. "I think it's a great idea." Betty encouraged with a wide smile upon her face. "Thank you, Betty." Archie smirked at Veronica and Jughead. "Yeah, and while you're there, would you talk to Polly for me?" She asked him, looking at Diana. "I just want to make sure she's okay." Betty said.

"Honestly, Betty," Diana sighed, making Veronica put a hand on her thigh. "Polly is with me. I don't let her near my parents. Just trust me, okay?" She asked, giving the best smile she could currently muster.

Archie cleared his throat to break the tension that was building. "Don't worry, Ronnie, I can take care of myself." He gave her a grin. As if they were flirting. Still, Veronica played along. "Famous last words, Archiekins." She ate another fruit.

"Nearly 100 years ago, Grandfather Blossom came to this sacred maple grove

"Nearly 100 years ago, Grandfather Blossom came to this sacred maple grove. The annual tapping ceremony portends each season's bounty." Clifford read out loud. Then, he went off script. "Now, I have preformed this ceremony many times in my life. My son, Jason, when he came of age performed it as well. In his place, I put forth my daughter Cheryl."

Diana watched as Archie and Cheryl went to the tree. Grinning as her sister did it, she looked at the ground. Veronica had last minute canceled for something else, but she chose not to think about it. After the applauding stopped the Blossoms and board of trustees— not forgetting Polly— went in line to take a photo all together.

They were walking when they heard investors being rude to Cheryl, and then Archie protecting her. Diana noticed the smile Cheryl gave and she muttered a curse, her sister was falling for Archie Andrews.