Chapter Fifteen

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

♡♡♡

And the plot thickens—

Betty was steady typing on her computer when Veronica came in with two lattes and baked goods. "Hi, there," Betty grinned, closing her laptop, looking at her best friend."Decaf skim latte and a fresh scone." Veronica grinned, putting it on the table. "The last time you brought me baked goods, you kissed Archie." The two chuckled. Veronica was too in love with Diana to do that.

Veronica sat down after the good laugh with a sigh. "Betty..." Veronica muttered, looking up at her blonde friend. "I just testified on my father's behalf and helped his chances of going free," Veronica stated, pursing her lips. "That's great news, right?" Betty asked with a small smile. "My dad hired Jughead's dad to trash the drive-in. And given recent events, it's not inconceivable that... he might've hired him to do other jobs. Like, go after Jason as payback for what the Blossoms did to him." Veronica stated.

A sigh escaped Betty 's lips, looking at her raven-haired friend. "I want to help with your investigation," Veronica confirmed, looking back up to meet Betty's eyes. "I want the truth. Whatever is." Betty took Veronica's hand with a soft smile.

♡♡♡

It was homecoming weekend for Riverdale, and it was a time of happiness and love in the air as the homecoming dance came along. However, Diana and Veronica still haven't spoken much after the words that came from Veronica's mouth at the party. Still, she had to forgive her one day, right? Diana stretched, making eye contact with Veronica. Quickly, her green eyes moved to the floor, causing Veronica to sigh and Betty to put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. But, that was another incident.

Later, at lunch, Cheryl and Diana walked up to the table that held Betty, Archie, Veronica, Jughead, and Kevin. "Sorry to interrupt, but I have an announcement to make. One that tangentially involves you, Betty."Cheryl said, looking at the group of eating teens. "I'm bringing Polly to the dance as my date and we're running for co-queens of the homecoming court."

"Because why?" Betty inquired, looking at the two girls in confusion. "Because, Nightmare Smurfette, by all rights, it should've been Polly and Jason on that stage being crowned. This is the next big thing. So... don't forget to vote, and I'll see everyone at my coronation!" Cheryl dismissed, turning and walking away. Diana and Veronica made brief eye contact before she began to follow her sister.

Because of this, Veronica got up, chasing after her. Stopping her, she looked at the snow. "Diana, what was said that night was cruel and messed up. I was just so tired of her picking on my friends, and I couldn't take it any longer." She then let her eyes meet Diana's green. "I'm so sorry... I would like another chance." Veronica told her. Tears filled Diana's eyes and somehow she forgave her without a second thought. "One more chance, Lodge... But don't mess it up." Diana said, walking away towards her sister.

♡♡♡

Diana was with Veronica that night, talking about what had happened and how they could fix their relationship. That led to a heated make out until they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Veronica went to the door, answering it, seeing Archie Andrews at the door. Diana looked between the two as she let him in. "If this is a booty call... I told you already, I'm not interested." She looked at him, confused by his presence. Diana's posture straightened as she met eyes with him.

"Look, I've been thinking a lot about what you asked me," Archie said, scratching the back of his neck. "I wanna help you." He told the raven-haired princess, watching confusion meet Diana's face now as well. "What prompted this return to sanity?" Veronica's brows raised as she crossed her arms. "Jughead. He's been hurt and let down by his dad many times. And what if FP did help your dad?" Archie reasoned.

Veronica nodded comically. "That's what I've been saying." She almost yelled in slight annoyance. "What if?" She let her hands fall to her sides slightly. Archie licked his lip, looking at Diana then Veronica again. "But, Veronica, Jughead can never find out," Archie told the two as if Diana would actually tell anyone anything. "And neither can Betty." Veronica agreed. And with that, Archie departed from the two.

"So, what's going on with you and red? What's the plan?" Diana questioned her girlfriend. Veronica plopped down next to Diana with a sigh. "I think my dad paid Jughead's dad to murder Jason," Veronica whispered quietly. "And if he did... I am so sorry..." Veronica whispered tearfully, a few tears cascading down her plump cheeks.

A breath escaped Diana's lips as she took Veronica's hands. "Listen to me, Veronica Lodge, you are not your father." She whispered quietly, moving closer to her. Diana carefully wiped away her tears, leaning in. Her green eyes searched Veronica's brown with love filling them. "And even if he did... I would never blame you." Diana gently kissed Veronica. "Now, I have to go. But, first... Be my homecoming date, yeah?" Diana looked at Veronica who grinned widely, nodding her head.

♡♡♡

"What do you mean Polly isn't coming?" Diana asked Cheryl, getting in her cherry red convertible. There was annoyance in Cheryl's eyes and anger in her powerful stride. "Did mom or dad say she couldn't go anymore?" Diana questioned her sister carefully.

Cheryl scoffed when Diana mentioned their parents. "Mom gave her a muscle relaxer for no apparent reason." Cheryl rolled her eyes, moving to the driver's seat. Diana got in next to her, still confused and processing the situation. However, before anything else was asked, Cheryl turned on the radio. That way her sister would be quiet and not bother her with anymore questions.

Upon getting to the dance, Diana immediately jumped for the punch bowl waiting for her girlfriend to walk in. Soon enough, Veronica popped up beside Mrs. Cooper and Betty looked over at her best friends suspiciously. Diana walked beside Betty, trying to distract her as Veronica and Archie made their way over to them.

Veronica and Archie dismissed Betty slightly, but Veronica took Diana hand, pulling her with her before stopping at the sage. "I just wanted to kiss you before I got up there." She smiled softly. Diana's face lit up happily at She kissed Veronica gently.

Diana pulled away, her grin returning. "Have fun up there! I love you!" She walked into the crowd of students. Veronica's eyes widened. Diana just said she loved her.

Recovering as quickly as she could, she went on the stage singing. After that, before she could confront Diana about it, she was dragged away with Archie by Betty. Soon, Jughead walked out, feeling left out. Then, Diana and Kevin looking urgent.

FP Jones was in prison.