Chapter Twelve

Diana walked behind Cheryl, for once she had a face that read not to mess with her

Diana walked behind Cheryl, for once she had a face that read not to mess with her. "...Betty, Polly needs doctors and needles and-" she had heard Veronica. "Polly needs her family." Cheryl interrupted her, Diana standing behind her. Veronica caught eye contact with Diana before looking away quickly. "Betty, can I talk to you, alone?" Cheryl asked, even though she wasn't really letting it become a question.

Diana was left alone when Betty and Cheryl exited the room. "Veronica, this past week..." Diana couldn't find the right words. Veronica just patted the seat beside her and gave a soft smile for Diana to continue. "Look, Veronica, I really like you and what we have, in fact, I want to have something more with you, an actual relationship. Yet, I also understand that we're on different sides of a war. You're on the Cooper's, I'm with my family. So, I want to do something. It's going to sound crazy, but until the war... Veronica, be my girlfriend. Of course, it'll remain a secret until the war is over, but... I can't word this right, damn it." Diana let out a huff when she situated herself beside the raven haired beauty queen.

Veronica grinned widely, cupping her cheeks, and kissing her softly. "Yes, I'll be your secret girlfriend until everything ends. Then, we can talk about taking it public." Veronica told her with her usual Veronica grin, exposing small dimple on her tanned cheeks. Her brown eyes were lit with happiness as well. "However, Josie, Kevin, and I are going clubbing tonight, and I would love to take you if you're up for a little publicity." Veronica winked with a teasing smirk playing on her dark red lips.

Diana's head tilted slightly, which made her hair fall to the side. "But, it's a school night." Diana stated the obvious there, which made Veronica laugh softly. "Exactly, meet at Pop's." Veronica kissed her cheek soft enough to leave no marks before slipping away from the student lounge to her class. Diana heard the bell ring, cursing, and making it to class with only a glare and warning from the teacher.

That night, Diana pulled her hair into a ponytail, pulling on a red dress with lace above her cleavage. It was Cheryl's before she grew out of it. Walking out, she pulled on her red heels, grabbing a sling purse that was silver, slipping her phone inside. Now, an escape that hopefully involved not waking up her parents or Cheryl.

 Now, an escape that hopefully involved not waking up her parents or Cheryl