The Army

After finished the note, I put it in my pocket and went downstairs like nothing had ever happened.

"Casey, dinner's ready!" Mom was in kitchen washing dishes, shouting while turning back at me.

"Coming mom!" I answered, walking toward the dining table with my heart beating fast. Just thinking about I will join the army can make my heart beating to death.
After surviving the awkward dinner, I went back upstairs to dad's room. Putting the note under his cup. Then I sneaked back to my room, jumping on my bed, praying for tomorrow.

When the clock rang, I jumped out of my bed immediately, changing my clothes and grabbing my luggage downstairs quietly.
Just when I was about to twist the door knob, I stopped. Maybe it's not a wise decision, they probably won't even let women join, I was probably the first one ever. The thought of it struck me like a hurricane. However, I still managed myself to twist the door knob gently and left.
On my way to the military, I kept wondering how dad would react when he saw the note I left him on the desk. Probably would freak out. ABSOLUTELY.
As I sat on the bench, waiting for shuttle bus to come. I saw plenty of people waiting beside me too. But the funny thing was all of them were male except me. I caught a glimpse of one of them. A guy with a hat on his head staring suspiciously at me as if I were some kind of alien on the planet. As time went by, I was getting more and more nervous about this. I bet they were all wondering why on earth would a female come to a place like this. That's okay too, I can get through this.

After about two hours ride, finally we arrived at the military. As I got off the bus, I was shocked by the sight in front of me. I saw dozens of men carrying the weapons and some of them were being scolded by...who was it again? A sergeant?

"I told you to bring some ropes to me and you gave me this? Are you fucking kidding me?" A tall guy yelled at three of the new recruits.

"We're sorry, sir." One of them replied with his hands seemed to tremble.

"Oh don't apologize to me! You're here to learn how to fight, not to apologize and cry like a baby." He yelled again. "Now go run for three rounds and come back to me with some ropes in your hands, understood?"

"Understood, Sergeant!" All of them answered loudly. Then they turned around and left for a run swiftly.
My eyes were on the Sergeant, he wore a green military uniform with rolled sleeves above his elbows. To my surprise, he turned to look at me. At first, his gaze was somehow curious. Then after a while it turned to suspicious. He frowned and shot me a quick glare. His expression was full of confusion. I flashed him a smile awkwardly. Although we stood there kinda far from each other. I could still feel that he did not welcome me at all.
There were also some guys pointed at me, chattering about something. They were all looking at me with curiosity and confusion. The Sergeant made his way to me, now I could see his facial features clearly. His eyebrows were shaped probably just like the personality he gave me. Not to mention his eyes, hazel and piercing enough to kill somebody.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm here to enlist the army." I answered, trying to sound as calm as possible.

He frowned again. "This is military, you can't enlist."

"I know, but—" I paused, looking at a guy who came toward me. He's slightly shorter than the Sergeant, his military uniform was kind of beige unlike him. He looked more friendly than him as well, I guessed he's also a Sergeant or maybe his rank was higher than him.