Death Factory Part 2

1944/12/5 Hurtgen Forest

When I opened my eyes, I couldn't see anything clearly. I squinted, trying to figure out where exactly am I. Then slowly I started to regain my hearing as I heard gunshots nearby. I got to my feet carefully, taking out my pistol and approached slowly to the front with a hundred percent caution. I tried to find others but no one was in sight. As I approached further, I heard some krauts talking and wandering around. I crouched and hid behind a bush immediately, glancing through the front, I saw two of them with weapons in their hands. Deep in thought, I tried to sneak past them as I slowly walked while crouching toward the front. However, when I approached, one of them turned. I aimed the pistol at his face and pulled the trigger, he collapsed to the ground. The other one soon took out his rifle but I was faster, shot him in the head.
The forest was foggy just like my state of mind- chaotic. I almost stumbled on a rock when I glanced at the front, I'm in the krauts' camp. God fucking damn it! How did I get here in the first place? There's no time for me to think, I took a deep breath, and another. Then I carefully sneaked past through them by laying low and crouching.

——Joseph Turner's POV———

Everything was in chaos, bullets flew passed us like a pouring rain, several men died in front of us. I tried to focus and ignore everything except gunshots and the krauts, frantically pulled the triggers. However, as I took a glance when the fight was less chaotic. Anderson was nowhere to be seen. "Hey, where the hell is Casey—I mean Anderson!" Aiello's sudden shout took me by surprise. "She was here minutes ago!" Stiles craned his neck and glanced over the forest, trying to find Anderson. "Don't let off your guard! Let's stay focused on finishing the German first." I barked command, but Aiello seemed to lose his focus as he murmured something and cursed loudly. "Fuck—" He turned to look at me and walked closer. "Excuse me for saying this but Lieutenant... we have to find her! We can't just give up, that's not fair—"
"We're not giving up. In a situation like this, it's best that we make sure this area is clear before—" "FOR GOD'S SAKE! Anderson is one of our guys too, I think we should split out to find her—"
"No, that's too dangerous. Aiello, listen—"
"NO, YOU LISTEN!" Aiello snapped. "Anderson might be in danger, we should go find her before it's too late. If you're not willing to find her, then I will—"
I started to lose my patience as Aiello raised his voice and glowed at me. "That's disrespectful, private--" "HOLD UP!" Before this argument got nastier, Stiles stepped between us and glanced at each of us. "Aiello, I'm worried about Anderson just as much as you do," Stiles put his hands on Aiello's shoulder. "But if we split out to find her, we may lose even more people. Besides, this area may not be cleared yet, there are still krauts out there, trying to slaughter us. The best solution is to clear the area first, making sure everyone is alright, meet up with Pierson then we go find her. What do you say?" Aiello folded his arms, retreating his frowning eyebrows and formed a small smile, looking at Stiles. "You're right, it was a stupid idea," Aiello turned to look at me and nodded. "I'm very sorry for my behavior, Lieutenant-- I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." I gave him a reassuring smile and patted him on the shoulder. "Let's go finish the rest of the krauts."

——Casey Anderson's POV——

Bang, bang, bang. Shot two krauts, one in the head, the other in the chest. Another one bites the dust. The burning fire, trees burst into flames, later comes the pouring rain. Raindrops on my head, now I see my brother Zack. Zack... he's standing right in front of me. He smiles just like he did in the old time. Crooked but warm. I can feel the surrounding burning around us.
"Zack? You're still alive?" I asked while still sitting on the ground. He didn't say a word, he just smiled and extended his arms to help me get up. Once I got up, he hugged me and whispered in my ears. "You know I'll always be there for you cat. No matter what." He replied softly.
I looked at him in surprise. "This is just a illusion, you're not real... fuck." I took a step back but Zack took a step closer. "Be brave for me cat. I know you will."  His hands were warm and it made me feel safe, Zack was my haven. When I was about to hug him, he turned. "Wait, don't go." He shot  me a smile. "Meet me at home, baby sis." He walked away...and that's all. When I blinked, he was already gone. When I blinked again, I was sitting on a grass. Okay, time to go home... I picked up the only weapon I've left-- pistol, and got up, tryin to find my way back to Zuss and others without getting myself killed. Gotta find the assembly point...

Later, I caught myself in a heavy fog, I could barely see anything without narrowing-- shit. I opened fire as I saw two German in front, trying to give me an ambush. But I was faster, shot them one in the neck, the other in the chest. Soon, the bloodbath arrived, I hid behind a rock with my head stayed low, as I tried to look up, I saw... "Turner!" He shut me up with his hand on my mouth. "Shush, An. I'm glad I've found you, but let's stay quiet for now and focus. After that, we go and rally up with the boys. Okay?" I nodded as we stayed together for almost three hours, killing the rest of these assholes.

After we cleared this area, me and Lieutenant Turner  headed out while remained our pace slow and careful. When we were walking, I put my hands on Lieutenant Turner. "Thank you so much, Lieutenant. For finding me just in time." I gave him a smile. He in return shot me a smile. "Don't worry about it, I'm glad you're safe. Now let's focus on our way to the boys—" Bang, I heard a gunshot. Bang, another gunshot. "GET DOWN!" Turner yelled as he put his hands on my back, pushing me down to the ground. "Sniper! He's up in the bunker! We're gonna flush him out, stay low." "I got this!" I crouched and made my way through the river, dodged a few bullets, one almost got me. Finally, we've made our way to the bunker. We shot each other a nod, then we headed in with our guns held up. The guy was down.
"Let's move. Assembly point's not far. Hope our guys got there okay." Turner spoke as we headed downstairs, making our way to the assembly point. "I'm sure they did, Lieutenant."
Later the day, we went through woods and woods, I was so sick at the woods that I don't think I would ever go for a wood trip. Well, if I had made it out alive...
We heard some gunshots as we arrived at the assembly point. It was chaos down there, I took out the sniper I've picked from the German who was previously a sniper. I looked through the lens and I saw Stiles and others. We headed down to help them, clearing up a path for us to move. As I ran to Stiles and hid behind a carriage, we shot each other a genuine smile, a smile that people usually wear when you saw a friend you care about still alive...

To be continued....
Guess who's back? Sincerely apologies for my "very" late update, I've been so busy at uni, I have so many things to do. I've been trying to continue the story many times before, but I've encountered numerous writer's blocks, I've run out of ideas on how to continue. But here I am, giving you guys a brand new chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it. And thank you so much for those who did not give up on my story and still wait for me! I will not abandon the story! But I can't give you the exact date of when the next chapter will be out. One thing that I'm sure of is that I will not abandon this story😊 FYI the next chapter is going to be "Hill 493".