03 ○ 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂 𝓾𝓷𝓻𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

It all started out in English class

It all started out in English class. The first time I had poured out my heart, every single thought I ever left unsaid on a piece of paper. With Matthew's name scribbled on top of it.

When I write, I hold nothing back. Knowing he would never read it, was partly why the letters told him all I could never say in person.

I wrote when everything I felt was way too overpowering for me. I wrote when I was too tired of watching him not love me the same way I loved him.

My letters were like an escape, or what is was initially supposed to be anyway.

Of course quite a few times I had hoped that someday I would work up the courage to hand him these letters myself. Now the thought itself was absolute idiocy.

Not only would I never have the courage to do so, but these letters could also jeopardize whatever loose ties of friendship still remains between the both of us.

At least now I can end my day at school knowing, if I meet Matthew outside he wouldn't walk right past me. Even if its just a wave or simply a nod, he wouldn't disappoint me.

The same couldn't be said once the letters went out.

"Sarah, are you even listening to me - oh not that wretched journal again."

Ana's voice made me jump slightly before I turned to see her nastily glaring at the journal.

One of the few things that irked her along with lack of gossip is when people don't give her attention. Especially when she's talking.

"I'm sorry what-uh what were you saying?"

"Were you even listening- oh nevermind of course you were scribbling away." She replied eyeing me as I shoved the journal away, before continuing. "So have you heard what's up with Matthew?"