08 ○ 𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓭𝔂 𝓷𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼

It's been almost two weeks of me trying to ignore Matthew at all costs, blocking out every thought that could possibly take me back to him, including waiting around with his friends for his practice sessions to be over so that we could go home tog...

It's been almost two weeks of me trying to ignore Matthew at all costs, blocking out every thought that could possibly take me back to him, including waiting around with his friends for his practice sessions to be over so that we could go home together.

Instead now I was hanging out with Kaira and I felt far more content than I did for a really long time.

"If I get anything less than a 95% I am gonna fucking cry."

I stifled a laugh as Kaira groaned again. The actual academic force of senior year had finally hit us with Mrs. Iles assigning tons of projects along with a surprise test today and she had been whining for the past hour about how all of this was nothing but a disaster.

"Why do you care about this test so much, this was just a stupid revision thingy?" I finally pointed out taking a sip of my coffee.

Her eyebrows knitted together into a frown almost as if she couldn't believe what I just said. "Do you not know me? Or the fact that I am literally obsessed with perfect grades when it comes to English?" she ended up saying.

I knew. Of course I knew, if there was one thing I noticed about Kaira over the last few days then it had to be the fact that she always wants to be great, if not the best, at everything she does. Almost as if everytime, she has to prove herself that she is far more capable than what she gives herself credit for.

But I chose to let that slide, knowing it was something far too personal for me to be that blunt. "You are such a nerd why are we friends again?"

"Because I am amazing and not being friends with me automatically means missing out on life."

Ignoring the need to snort at that I looked around, taking in the ambience of this place. Even though it was particularly busy right now with all the sophomore and freshman year kids swarming this place at lunch hour, the cafe was positively cute and far more quieter than the other diners near campus.

That however still did little to nothing when it comes to the obnoxious staring. There were a number of eyes on us - the usual judgemental ones on me and the curious ones on Kaira - silently reminding me no matter what I do, or who I choose to be with there would always be people waiting for me to screw up so that they could judge my every move.