09 ○ 𝓾𝓷𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

After continuously teasing Kaira over coffee and then half-heartedly dragging our asses for almost an hour of Physics it was safe to say neither one of us wanted to do anything else but just lay in bed for the entire weekend

But by the time she dropped me off home, after a series of loudly blown kisses from my side and extensive fake gagging from her, the exhaustion and hatred for school quickly started to disappear instead replacing with the bubbling excitement of playing cupid.

"Aren't you all decked up and pretty?" Kaira smirked as I slid into the passenger seat for the second time that day.

"Dressing up is fun and from the looks of it you seem to agree to that as well." I grinned taking in her black dress and denim jacket clad torso, a stark contrary to her usual sweatshirt look. "Did your parents ask anything about the party?"

Earlier today Kaira had passed me a scribbled note in Physics class saying If my mother doesn't believe me when I talk to her about the party, mind calling in and vouching for me?

"Nope, sneaked out. Baba got out of office early today and there's no way in hell he'd allow me to go out when he could use that time to make snide remarks about my grades or me in general. So told them about migraine killing me blah blah blah going up to sleep and voila we parting, janneman."

"But what if they check up on you?" I turned on my seat to get a good look at her and she quickly threw me a glance before backing out of my driveway.

"Baba probably won't even notice and even if he does he'd be too busy with his laptop to go and check if his sick daughter is alright." She murmured softly after some time eyes never leaving the road. "Plus, Bhai flew back from India today so Maa is definitely busy fussing over him."

Something about the way Kaira's voice trembled in the end, which she quickly covered up with a cough, told me there was more to her than she let on.