iii.

Reyna managed to get an alright grade on her paper, though it was made of Wikipedia and bullshit. Satisfied that all her schoolwork was done for the week, she took a "me-day" and headed to Central Park to enjoy the rare warmth of the sun. Slipping a book into her bag, Reyna pulled on some sneakers and left her dorm, happy for some fresh air.

Instead of driving, she decided to walk the short distance to the green. Reyna breathed in deeply. Regardless of the fact that the air smelled like cigarette smoke and McDonald's, it was better than the smell of the dorms.

The streets weren't all that cleanly, but Reyna ignored the trash lying on the ground and kept walking at her relatively fast-pace.

After a short while, Reyna arrived at the Park. The air was clean, her pores were clear, 10 years had been added to her life.

She breathed in. Looking around to find a place to sit, Reyna saw a tree yielding lots of shade, and padded her way over there.

Sitting down on the soft ground, Reyna was tempted to take a nap in the rare occasion of sun. But, instead, she pulled out her book and set to escape from her world into the words.

A faint vibrating sounded from her bag. Reyna pulled out the source, her phone. It was Leo, her manager calling. "Yes?" Reyna didn't mind that she sounded rude, she was going to enjoy her free day, dammit.

Regardless of their work relationship, Reyna being employed by Leo, the two had an unlikely friendship. Leo's dulcet tones came through the cell. "Reyna! I'm being swamped! I'm hiding behind the counter! Help me!" That was when Reyna remembered what was happening. Apollo's Cafe had just released multiple types of new frappuccinos and being a barista was going to kill her.

"Okay, okay, Leo. Stop being so dramatic. I'll be there in fifteen."

"Bless you! Hurry! Before they find me!"

Reyna still sat on the grass for a few moments after the call ended before breathing resolutely and getting up to go save the small Latino boy.

Luckily, the cafe was only a small walk from where she was. When she got there, the entire store front was filled with people, all clamoring and pushing to be by the register. Speaking of the register, there was no one there. Reyna tried to swim through the crowd, but was stopped by multiple people accusing her of butting in line. The third time that happened, Reyna snapped, "I'm a barista so if you don't get out of my way, you don't get one!"

The people parted like the Red Sea.

She made her way behind the counter and found Leo hiding underneath it.

"My knight in shining armor!" He breathed.

"This is my day-off, Leo."

"No one else is on shift today!"

"So?"

"So, I need help."

Reyna tapped a finger on her chin, pretending to be thinking. "Well," she drawled, "I suppose I could help, if I get pay for this, as well as a little extra. You should've given more people this shift instead of just yourself."

Leo rolled his eyes at her, but conceded to the deal. Reyna went into the back and slipped on her barista apron and waited for a couple of minutes out of spite. When she walked out of the back room, it looked like Leo was trying to get everyone to form a queue, but was overall failing in his efforts. Reyna was overly done with this situation, and slammed down a stack of plastic coffee cups on the counter. She growled, "Everyone, get in an orderly line so we can serve you!"