xxii.

"Hey, babe-" Thalia walked through the doorway- "Have you seen-" She stopped in the middle of her sentence, finger dropping from the air once she saw her girlfriend laying on the couch.

Reyna was sprawled out, one leg hanging over the couch, the other stretched across the couch. One arm was reached up-and-over her head, the other holding her phone. She looked up as Thalia walked into the room. "What is it, love?" She was wearing grey sweatpants and a black crop top sweater. Slow music was lightly playing from her phone and the air felt like water - slow, languid, serene.

"Nothing," Thalia muttered coyly. "You're just really cute." She sat down on the couch and pulled Reyna's feet into her lap, and pulled up her own legs to rest beside Reyna's.

The thing was, Reyna happened to often steal Thalia's clothing. Sweaters, hats, sweatpants, and this time, her shirt. She gave her girlfriend a suspicious look. "I mean, I'll take the compliment, but I don't really believe you." Thalia started to give Reyna a foot massage. "Oh, my god. Babe, I love you." Thalia grinned. "But really, what were you looking for?" Reyna's puppy-dog eyes were at maximum force and aimed directly at the one person who could never say no.

Thalia sighed. "Well, you're kinda-" She gestured vaguely at her girlfriend- "You're kinda wearing my shirt and it's supposed to be a crop top but it looks like a regular sweater on you, and oh, my god, you're so adorable, it makes me wanna cry."

Reyna blushed and stared down at her hands, twisting them together. She pulled her feet to her chest and out of Thalia's lap and hid her head in the stolen sweater. "Stop it, I have a reputation to uphold!"

Thalia rolled her eyes, crawled over Reyna's legs and pulled the sweater off of her girlfriend's head. "One, no, you don't. Two," Thalia cupped Reyna's face and squished her cheeks, "You're the most adorable thing on this entire earth and I love you."

Reyna had this look on her face, indescribable. It held so many emotions it was hard to pick out just one as they were flying, lightning-speed. Tears welled up in Reyna's eyes. "Oh, no, what's wrong? Was it something I said?" Thalia's hands tensed on Reyna's face. "C'mon, baby, don't cry..."

Reyna giggled and reached up her own hands to cover Thalia's, "No, no, I'm just-" She sniffed and Thalia wiped away Reyna's tears- "I'm just really happy and I think that was the first time you've said you love me and lord knows I love you too." Thalia grinned and pressed her face into the crook of Reyna's neck. The girls sighed.

Thalia scooted into the crack between Reyna and the couch. She took the brunette's hands and ran her fingertips over Reyna's knuckles, the joints in her fingers. Thalia brought Reyna's hands to her face and kissed them, relishing in the sound of her girlfriend's giggle. Releasing them, Thalia closed her eyes, let her legs tangle with Reyna's, and fell asleep. This was the place, the safest place either girl could think of. Living la vie en rose.