xxi.

Reyna knocked on Thalia's door at one in the morning. They both felt like it was deserving due to how many times Thalia kept her up. Groggy and confused, Thalia opened to door to reveal her excited girlfriend standing at the door. "What is it? You could've called."

Reyna didn't even pay attention. She reached forward to grab onto Thalia's pajamaed shoulders. "Guess what day it is!"

Thalia was lost. "U-huh, please don't tell me I'm forgetting something important." She scratched the back of her neck, hoping to god it wasn't a birthday or anniversary or something.

"It's the first day of Christmas!" Reyna released Thalia, practically bouncing with excitement.

"It's only December 1st, though?"

"Exactly!"

"Couldn't you have just texted me? You didn't have to come all the way here, you know."

"Maybe so, but this is important. I had to make sure you were aware of the significance of this day." Reyna said, matter-of-factly.

Thalia smiled, lovestruck. "You're so weird."

Reyna smiled back. "You're dating me."

"And I am glad for that." The girls giggled.

Jason called from his room. "Is this a booty call because I really don't wanna hear that."

They both turned a dark shade of red. "Go back to sleep," Thalia called. "Sorry." She muttered to Reyna.

"It's alright, love. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah," Thalia replied, as she kissed Reyna's cheek. She closed the door once Reyna walked back to her room. God, it was great having your girlfriend live in the same dorm as you.

She was rethinking that the very next day. Reyna came over with a bunch of Christmas decorations and holiday-ified Thalia's entire dorm. Mistletoe was on every doorway (it totally wasn't an excuse for Reyna to kiss her girlfriend all the time), cinnamon was in the air, Christmas songs were playing lightly.

"Thalia," Jason called warily, "Control your girlfriend!"

Thalia came in from the other room, an eyebrow arched high on her forehead. Reyna was trying to boil water over the kitchen's sad excuse of a stove. "What?" Reyna asked, confused at Jason's beckoning.

Thalia ran over and turned off the stove. "It's not safe to use. Whenever we tried to use any of the kitchen equipment here, they blow up or catch on fire or summons some demons or something." Thalia took the pot off the hotplate and dumped the water into the sink. "What were you trying to make?"

"Hot chocolate."

"Let's use the communal kitchens!"

Only a few minutes later, the girls were in the very same spot where they met, just switched roles. This time, it was Reyna making something, while Thalia just watched, keeping her company.

"You sure do like Christmas, don't you?" Thalia asked her girlfriend, who was leaning against the sink while Thalia sat on top of the counter.

"In Puerto Rico, it's a big thing. Festivities happen early December, and don't stop on the 25th."

"Do you miss it? Puerto Rico, I mean?"

Reyna hummed neutrally, getting out mugs. She didn't reply as she dumped spoonfuls of cocoa powder and sugar into them. "I don't miss San Juan, but I wonder what would've happened to me had I stayed. But no, I don't." Reyna calmly poured the water water into the cups, and handed one to Thalia.

"I'm glad you didn't stay."

Reyna looked at Thalia and smiled fondly. "So am I, love. So am I."