v.

Reyna called Leo and told him she'd take on an extra shift at the coffeehouse. He was ecstatic, informing Reyna that he had, once again, only given himself the hours, not remembering the big drink bomb that Apollo's dropped. She sighed and hung up on him.

Reyna reluctantly walked to the cafe, wondering if skipping class was a good idea that day. Regardless, she made it to the shop, in all of her green-and-black clad glory. There shop wasn't as full as it has been previously, but a decent amount of customers were waiting in line. Wordlessly, Reyna walked behind the counter and finished making the drink that Leo kept fumbling with.

It was, overall, a calm day. The smell of coffee beans was in the air along with pastries. The shop was a little bubble of peace compared to the bustling city life right outside its doors.

The two had no new customers walk in the door for a while, so they sat down in a booth close to the register. They were making up backstories for the people in the shop.

"And this one," Leo muttered, subtly pointing at a girl to the left, who was wearing a sweater with shorts and had short, brightly-colored hair, "This one's a struggling artist, adjusting to living in the Big Apple, far from home. Right now, she's rereading texts to and from her mother, wondering what she's doing here in NYC." Reyna snorted, amused at Leo's rendition of this girl's life.

She chose an elderly man sitting in the corner of the cafe. He was squinting down at his phone, gripping his cup tighter than recommended. "That man is a financial advisor to the head of a large corporation. He's looking at the company's money, they're quickly going bankrupt, and his job is on the line." Leo quietly laughed with his coworker, trying hard not to grab the attention of any of his entertainment.

The bell over the door chimed, and both of the conspiring hellions looked towards the noise. "Thalia?" They said in unison. Leo looked at Reyna. Reyna looked at Leo. They both turned their curiosities to the girl of the minute.

"Leo? Reyna?! What're you both doing here?" Thalia was show-stopping in a black tee tucked into equally as dark shorts, eye makeup heavy.

"We work here! What're you doing here?" Leo responded.

"I just want coffee. This is a coffee shop, after all." Thalia scratched the back of her neck, unsure of how to tell them she wanted to order.

Reyna got the hint, seeing as how she walked behind the counter and stood at the register. When Thalia walked forward, Reyna grinned, "What'll it be, Ma'am?"

Thalia gave a noise that sounded like a mix of a huff and a snort, but swallowed it down. "Venti vanilla bean frappuccino, if you please," she cheeked. Reyna held in her giggles.

"Four dollars, ten cents." Thalia handed her a five. As the money passed hands, the girls' fingers touched. Reyna blushed, Thalia looked down and walked away. What was it with the Grace siblings and not taking their change?

Thalia started talking to Leo, though Leo looked a little preoccupied with thinking. Of course he noticed the little scene at the register, but he kept his cool and didn't immediately peck the truth out of Reyna.

Before handing the coffee to Thalia, he leaned over the counter and said something Reyna couldn't make out. She groaned internally, guessing it probably had to do with her. Thalia grinned and gave a wink to Leo when he handed over his drink. Walking out the door, she called, "See ya later, Reyna! Bye, Leo!" Reyna turned to her coworker. He waggled his eyebrows at her and she sighed, defeated.

Leo waited until the very end of their shift to confront Reyna, which happened to be closing time.

"So," Leo drawled as he cleaned off the counters.