xi.

A knocking came from Reyna's door. She sighed and put down her pencil, not sure if she should be glad for the distraction or annoyed at not getting her work done. She opened the door to reveal a slightly-disheveled Thalia. Reyna's heart fluttered traitorously at the girl's messed-up hair and the way she was biting her bottom lip nervously. "Hey, Thalia. Are you alright? Do you want to come in?"

Thalia smiled, full force directed at Reyna. "I'm doing just fine. Uh - may I?" She gestured towards inside Reyna's dorm.

Reyna moved out of the way to let Thalia step by her. She shut the door gingerly and turned around to face the other girl. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" Thalia snorted and leaned against the wall behind her.

"Well..." Thalia twisted her fingers together, eyes wandering around the room. After a moment's hesitation, she muttered, "Oh, fuck it," crossed her arms and looked straight at Reyna. "The thing is, ever since I met you I had this gigantic, overwhelming, slightly-infuriating crush on you. So, I went out of my way to get coffee at Apollo's and, get this, I don't even like coffee!" She stumbled over her words, trying to get them out as fast as she could. "I would go there just to talk with you, and it's kinda getting ridiculous how many cappuccinos I've bought and then given to Jason and I'm straying off the point," Thalia took a breath, "And u-um, I was wondering if you'd - you'd like to go out with me? On a proper date, not just running to Wal-Mart or eating cookies or-"

"Yeah," Reyna cut her rambling off. "Yeah, I'd love that." She smiled, tight-lipped and shy. Reyna was shocked at how this worked out. She was planning on letting her crush on the other girl die out.

Thalia matched her smile, bouncing on the tips of her toes. "Great, uh, does tomorrow work? At 8? Of course, I mean the nighttime, but if yo-"

Reyna walked over to Thalia and put a hand over the girl's mouth. "Tomorrow at 8." She nodded, now smiling a million-watt grin. Thalia gave Reyna one last quick smile and all but ran out of her room.

Reyna chuckled, still a little in shock.