Learn To Love(Vikings-Ivar the Boneless:Part 5)

*Alva's pov*

Since that faithful afternoon things have changed drastically Ubbe left and returned to Kattegat..Hvitserk and most of the army stayed with Ivar...the Saxtons attacked again losing once again but Ivar took their Bishop..now we were in Vestfold...I stepped off the boat smiling as I looked around..I met the eyes of my husband "What?"

Ivar chuckled "You look like a child princess..all excited."

I smiled looking up at him "You get to see where I grew up dear husband."

He smiled "First we must see your father."

I nodded as we walked off..when we walked into the hall I smiled as I saw my father "Father."

Father quickly stood pulling me into his arms holding me much like a child "My darling daughter how I have missed you."

I smiled "I have missed you too Father."

His smile faltered at the small mark on my cheek "What is this?"

I shook my head "Not what you think...it happens in York Saxtons attacked...my battle would so to speak."

Father kissed my forehead "More like me than I care for you to be my daughter.."

I smiled "Always."

He nodded as he moved to sit back down "So Ivar does this mean you and Hvitserk are joining me to attack Kattegat?"

Ivar nodded "Yes it does."

I sat beside Hvitserk keeping my gaze on Astrid as they talked watching as they brought the Christian in..I soon sat talking to my father "When did this happen you and Astrid?"

Father smiled "After I left Kattegat...I offered Lagertha she refused...Astrid accepted."

I nodded "I see.."

He nodded "I know my dear daughter what you are thinking this isn't like Ellisif...I feel more than what I did with her.."

I nodded "Even my mother?"

Father nodded "I cared for your mother deeply but she as me loved another...I was a selfish man then my dear but you were a great blessing to me for that I always hold your mother's memory close to my heart for she gave me you..when she died I didn't know how to do any of this raise a child on my own let alone a daughter and for that I owe you so many apologies.."

I sighed "Father.."

He took my hands kissing them "My beautiful Alva give me the chance to be the father you always deserved."

I moved wrapping my arms around his neck "You always were father...you provided and protected...you taught me all I know...all men even Ivar have to live up to you in my eyes."

Father held me close "I needed to hear that."

I smiled "So maybe I'll get that younger sibling I've always wanted."

He laughed "If the gods will it."

I nodded slightly "Good."

Father kissed my head "Let's go daughter I'm sure Ivar is waiting."

I nodded and followed him...come night we were feasting I sat beside my husband and across from my brother-in-law...I could sense how tense Ivar was beside me as be stared at Astrid but remained quiet as they talked about the impending attack on Kattegat..as my father began his singing I leaned over and whispered "My dear husband I have something to tell you."

Ivar looked at me "Yes my love."

I spoke softly "I may be with child."

His eyes widened "Are you certain?"