Strength In Love(Vikings-Ivar the Boneless:Part 3){Modern Day}

*Kari's pov*

It's been roughtly about 8 weeks since the shooting there has been no leads from the police I doubt they even cared but Ragnar wasn't giving up on finding who did this...and we had Sigurd's funeral..since we would now be dealing with a wheelchair Ragnar had us move in while he worked to find a house that would fit Ivar's needs since our apartment just wouldn't do...Ivar wasn't happy about any of it I think the reality of the situation has fully set it more so that that camera have proved Sigurd did indeed push Ivar out of the way...I don't think any of us had a chance to really grieve Sigurd's death due to everything else that we had our on our minds..today Ivar had a therapy session..I sat back watching jumping when a hand came to rest on my shoulder "Ragnar."

Ragnar sat beside me "How is he doing?"

I sighed "Leif says he's doing well but you know how Ivar is."

He nodded "How are you holding up?"

I sighed deeply "I'm trying to make sense of it all...how do we heal from all this...why us...who did this."

Ragnar nodded "I'm doing all I can to find that out my dear...but that doesn't answer my question.."

I looked up at him "What do you mean?"

He sat beside me keeping his voice low "I have has 6 children with two different women...the gods saw fit to take now two away from me I know the signs the look...how long have you known?"

I sighed deeply "This morning I haven't had a chance to tell him yet.."

Ragnar nodded "Is it his?"

I looked at him "How could you ask me that?"

He nodded "So you're what roughly 6 weeks then."

I nodded "8 1/2 weeks."

Ragnar nodded "You're scared."

I nodded "Terrified."

He nodded "Have patience dear Kari...things will work themselves out.."

I nodded standing up "I'm going to make Ivar something to eat."

Ragnar nodded "I'll wait here.."

I nodded and walked out...I was finishing up when Ivar rolled in "I made you something to eat."

Ivar scowled "I can make my own food Kari."

I sighed "Ivar.."

He shook his head "You swore you wouldn't treat me differently."

I shook my head "I haven't I've always made you something to eat..its you who's making it different not me...I'm trying here Ivar things are different Ivar whether we like it or not I'm trying with all I have to keep things as normal as possible but everytime I try you accuse me of having some sort of pity because of this."

Ivar scowled "I didn't ask for you to be here Kari!"

I nodded "No but that's what you do...I'm not running because things have gotten hard...there are things you can't do right now I do this not because of this but because that is what a girlfriend does....I'm here because I love you."

He shook his head "What kind of fucking life can I give you Kari...I'm in a fucking wheelchair....I probably can't even fuck you anymore!"

I sighed "That doesn't matter Ivar...its not important!"

Ivar laughed bitterly "So you want to spend your life taking care of a cripple?"

I shook my head "Ivar you heard the doctors."

He nodded "75 percent chance..."

I nodded "Its still a chance!"

Ivar picked up the plate throwing it narrowly missing me "There is no chance!"

I just froze as the family ran in "Ivar."

He shook his head "I want you out...I don't want you here anymore..."

I just stood there "Ivar no."

Ivar shook his head "I fucking mean it Kari I don't want to see you anymore we're done...."

I bit my bottom lip nodded "Okay...if that's what you want I'm gone."

He nodded "Okay."

I nodded and turned walking away...I went upstairs and started packing all my stuff..I looked up as Torvi and Aslaug walked in I wiped my eyes "Don't..."

Torvi sighed "Ragnar told us....does Ivar know?"

I shook my head "What's the point now.?"

She sighed "You can stay with me and Bjorn until you find a place."

Aslaug sighed "I have a little condo I use to escape sometimes you're welcomed to Ivar doesn't have to know until you're ready....I love my son but he's being a complete fool right now...you need anything you call me okay."

I nodded as they helped me pack "Thank you.."

She nodded "Anytime."

Once I was all packed up we went downstairs...I sighed deeply as Ragnar handed me keys "I guess we were both wrong."

Ragnar nodded "He'll come around Kari."

I sighed "Maybe but I have to focus on this baby now."

He nodded "I have alerted the building that you are moving in Floki's wife is stocking it now."

I nodded "Don't tell Ivar where I am...I can't see him...not yet."

Ragnar nodded "You have my word."

I took a deep breath "I'll let you both know when the first appointment is."

He nodded slightly "Be careful.."

I nodded and got in...i didn't even glance back as I drove off

*Ubbe's pov*

I shook my head "Feel better about yourself?"

Ivar shook his head "What's it to you Ubbe?"

I scoffed "You're unbelievable..if you would of seen her that night this wouldn't of even happened...this was a huge fucking adjustment to us all...did you know she demanded that father make that house as normal as possible so you didn't feel uneasy about any of it...she wouldn't let any of us do anything for you because she knew you would want to do it yourself."

He nodded "Right..she left willingly."

Bjorn shook his head "What the hell was she supposed to do Ivar you threw a damn plate at her screamed at her...you tell her to leave you don't want to see her anymore...what was she supposed to do stand there take it and beg you?"

Alva walked in and instantly walked over slapping Ivar "She's pregnant you fucking idiot."

I froze as did everyone else "She's what?"

She scowled "Kari is pregnant...she found out this morning she's been a mess all morning worried how she would handle all of this she planned to tell this asshole after his session but no he throws her out!"

Hvitserk pulled her back "Alright come on.."

Ivar looked at me like the realization of what he had done hit him "I have to find her."

I shook my head "No you need to leave her alone right now."

He shook his head "She's carrying my child Ubbe!"

I nodded "You've done enough damage right now Ivar I highly doubt you she wants anything from you right now."

Ivar frowned "What have I done?"

I sighed "Give it time brother."

He shook his head and rolled out of the kitchen.

I sighed deeply I didn't see any of this ending well at all

To Be Continued