Two

Okay, so this is somewhat a filler chapter, but it adds more to the plot, especially with Jay's parents. Enjoy!

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

No, I didn't go on Omegle after that conversation with Dana. I didn't think I could handle messing around with people like that because I actually had a heart. A heart that no one else seemed to notice. 

It was the next day after that insightful introduction to Omegle that I heard another degrading thing about homosexuality.

My family wasn't well off enough for us to be able to afford a house. My mom was an accountant who only made $60,000 every year and my dad was a... Well I didn't know what my dad went to college for, but right now, he's a valet that works for about $30,000 a year. Deduct all of our expenses, plus my brother's college tuition fee and you don't get left with much. So instead of a house we lived in a shabby apartment.

As a family of four, we only lived in a unit that had two bedrooms, which is barely enough, considering that my brother and I are grown people. We still shared the same tiny bedroom. Our walls were also bare and had no picture frames or posted hung on them. 

Yeah, our apartment isn't the best looking out there. At all. A lot of the exterior was renovated just a couple of months ago, so the outside looked fresh and new. With its clean looking aqua green paint on the outside, the building looks actually appealing to those who don't know how the inside looks like.

It's decent, but it isn't that great. Each unit is similar - even identical - to one another. The walls are all white, some more than others, and the carpet was a shade of a disgusting brown that had some weird spots and stains at some random places. 

Where am I going with this?

Oh yeah, this building was built in probably the 70s or the 80s that there's a lot of work needed to be done especially inside the units. This time, it was our air conditioning system and the exhaust fan in one of our bathrooms.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom adjacent to the masters' bedroom was broken and wouldn't work. So my parents called the landlord to have replaced, which they did just a couple of days ago. However, since then, there was dust falling out of the chute and going into whatever was right below it, which was the toilet. It suddenly became dangerous to stay on that toilet for too long because you never know when dust and dirt is going to fall on you.

"Do something!" my mom whined to my dad.

"What do you want me to do? I know nothing about how to fix this thing! They didn't clean it up properly after they replace the stupid fan!" he reasoned.

My dad was a lazy bum. His work hours was weird - from five in the morning to two in the afternoon - and when he gets home, he plops down on the couch in the living room and glues his eyes to the television. It almost becomes annoying because he and mom always fight because of his laziness.