Seventeen

Hey, guys! I'm so sorry it took this long for the next update, but guess who's back for like a week or so? Me! So expect updates this week and the next! I'll tell you in the end why I'll be gone for another couple of weeks...

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

It's finally the summer break before my senior year. i've been told many different things about the final year of high school, some good, some bad... However, I've also been told that the summer before senior year is essential to getting everything done for my college applications, like volunteering and getting an internship - maybe even a job.

I'm pretty sure that I took that lightly because I haven't planned anything to do this summer. I wanted to just stay at home, be lazy, and enjoy my last summer before I'm sent off to college. then I realized that I don't even have enough community service hours to be able to graduate from high school!

Wait... wait... What's with the big time skip, you ask? Well, seeing that it was already the last week of school - and it was finals, to be more specific - I had to focus more on the huge tests that were coming up, so there wasn't really anything interesting going on.

After that last conversation with Grant, I've decided to lock myself out of everyone's reach for a while - by that I meant only Martin and Grant. I got a reality check and it became obvious that I was taking things a little too far. Okay, maybe way too far. I figured that maybe if I just ignore it, it'll go away.

I hope I was right, because I don't think I can handle it when it all explodes on my face. Should I decide to keep talking to Grant, maybe I'd have a good idea of to where I should take our pseudo friendship.

It was only the end of the first week of summer break and I was already bored out of my mind. I found books to read - mainly gay eroticas - but I was kind of losing interest in them already. The volunteering application I asked for from the nearby hospital finally came in the mail.

I don't understand why I have to call them and have to have them mail it to me when I could just walk the few blocks over to ask for one in their volunteering office. The form came too late and I need a non-relative to fill up a recommendation form along with the rest of the application.

It was then that I realized that I had no life outside of the school. Everything interesting that happened to me always happens when class is in session and I don't even have much of a social life at home. All of my so-called friends are from school and no place else. I also started to doubt that any college would accept me at all. My grades were up to par, but I have absolutely no extracurricular activities to strengthen my application.

I was overcome with panic and immediately searched for other places to volunteer, which was a good thing because it both saved me from boredom and it was spent on something productive. I was dead set on finding a volunteer place where I didn't need a recommendation, so I could at least start gaining some service hours towards my graduation requirement.

Forty hours should be easy to do over the summer, right?

Well, probably not if you don't have anywhere to volunteer!

I literally spent a whole day just trying to look for nearby places where I could volunteer. I didn't really want to volunteer at the library because... Well I just don't. I want to volunteer in a place that a little more exciting. It's always so quiet in the library. Other than the fact that it was easy work, nothing else sounds appealing to me.

I looked over the application for the hospital again and read carefully through the recommendation form. Maybe there was a way around it? I sighed deeply and carefully looked for any options. other than scanning the form and emailing it to a teacher, I saw no other way. It's worth a shot.