Twenty

Sorry this was posted late, but here it is!

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

“Jay, this is Grant Adams, your trainer for the next couple of days,” he announced.

I was stuck frozen on my spot like a deer caught in the headlights. Everything I did to him — my lies — came back to and made me feel worse. I didn’t know how to respond. I just… did nothing. I had half a mind to leave my position as a volunteer and just run away as far as possible from this place.

Then, my thoughts drifted to our conversations. I’m pretty sure he told me where he lived and it was not here at Northridge. He said something about just being a couple of hours away from UCSB so maybe he lied to me. Maybe he said a different place, but actually meant around here. 

I feel lied to.

Shit. That’s exactly what he must — or should, rather — feel from what I’m doing to him, which wasn’t anything different from what he did to me. Lying is lying; there’s no excuse for it at all. Even if that lie was meant to protect someone from harm, it’s still lying. However, the difference here is that I’m lying for my own benefit, which isn’t nearly as attractive as lying to protect.

My eyes immediately shot down to the floor, afraid that if they connect with his, it might give me away. Maybe it was because I felt a sense of inferiority towards Grant that I was avoiding his gaze, but in any case, I couldn’t find it in myself to lift my stare. I was getting comfortable with just looking at the floor until Dayton started to speak again.

“Jay?” he called out, catching my attention. My eyes quickly went up in search for Dayton. I didn’t realize that he was standing to my right and my eyes easily missed him. Instead, it mistakenly caught Grant’s beautiful bright blue eyes. His cheeks were slightly raised, covered parts of under his eyes by the mesmerizing grin he had on his mouth. Combine that with how chiseled his body looks and the short, brown hair styled into a quiff, and he’s instantly into a sex god that I never thought could exist.

His arms were large as they were wrapped around huge, strong muscles. I can actually see the definition of each muscle in his forearm. They were big, but not big enough to look disgusting on a person. He had just the right amount of strength in his arms. Also, his skinny khakis defined his legs, letting people who checked him out know that he has indeed been in the gym without skipping leg day.

I was so captivated by the sight that I wasn’t able to respond to Dayton’s call for attention. In fact, I didn’t even know what kind of expression I was wearing as my eyes were devouring Grant’s sexy appearance. I’m pretty sure I was coming off as an odd guy with a hungry look in his eyes. I couldn’t care less. My fear had forced me to look at Grant and I was going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

“Mm?” I asked weakly, focusing more on mentally undressing Grant. 

“Meet Grant, your trainer,” he repeated. I shook my head.

“Oh, no, yeah, I heard you.” I tried my best to gather my wits before I say something stupid in front of Grant. “Hi,” I said, but I didn’t know that my mouth was already watering at the sight that a slight drool slipped from my mouth. I saw Grant hold back a laugh and he quietly snickered to himself after slapping a hand over his mouth to muffle the sounds. Dayton also had to smirk before turning away to avoid my gaze.