Nineteen

I wrote this chapter for you guys! Things start to pick up at this point, so pay special attention!

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

 Grant

It’s been a while since I last saw my family. Okay, maybe not too long, but four months is long enough, right? Yeah, I’ve been slaving away for four months in Arkansas to get a good education and finally start my own life…

Make a living… Find a nice wife… Start a family.

Only the first one’s getting taken care of though, because for some reason, I can’t find a single woman who’s interested in me. All they wanted are one-night stands and I’m getting sick of it. I really need to find someone who I could genuinely connect with and want me in their life… Permanently, that is.

I tried dating in the real life, but like I said, they all were only looking to get laid. I didn’t give them that satisfaction. After many failed attempts at dating, I turned to the internet. There are a lot of internet dating sites, but I wanted a service that doesn’t cost anything. Craigslist was also an option, but it’s not personal enough.

I thought — which was really stupid of me — that maybe online social networking services would do me good. That was how I was led to Kik. That app is amazing. I get that even if it works on a more personal level that most of the people there could still be frauds, but that risk is always present no matter what service I use.

I’ve used many different features in this app that I’ve finally found what I was looking for. Well, I actually didn’t know if I did find what I was looking for, because at that point, I was judging people based on appearances.

The very first person that caught my attention was someone with the username alane94. It was funny though because this user kept calling out to me while I was looking through the pictures of other users when alane94 didn’t even have a profile picture of herself.

At least I thought it was a she.

I took my chances and started a conversation with her. How did I start off? I may or may not have initiated a conversation with a selfie of myself. I thought it would be good to at least let her know how I looked first to maybe catch their attention.

Usually, I don’t brag about my own appearance, because as much as I think I’m fucking attractive, nobody else seems to find me the same way. However, I can be whoever I want on the internet, so I went ahead for it.

I thought she wasn’t going to respond at first, but lucky me, she did after a long few minutes. I’ve been right all along. This person was definitely a girl and she was definitely the type I would fall for.

She seemed intelligent, down to earth, funny… I still didn’t know what she looked like, but in my head, her looks matched her personality. As we continued to talk and find out more about each other, I become more and more attached to her.