Intrusive thoughts or overthinking?

((is it sad at this point I have no idea how things will flow into events or i have no exact end goal? It is huh- Sorry, my commentary on my own story defo aint neccassary))

As Osomatsu finally found an organized way to put all the letters back into the box and split them apart in some weird order only he understood, he finally put it away in his duffle bag that was in the chair next to him next to the photo album he promised himself to look through when he knew he wouldn't get inturrepted like he was earlier when Karamatsu came in. Actually, reminding himself of trying to keep things a secret, which was already failing at, he turned to Karamatsu who was cutting cucumbers.

As Osomatsu stared, he felt almost entranced as he watched him, more speficially the knife. How easy it seemed to him and the knife to cut right through them almost perfectly. It must've taken years to get so good at that. It must've taken a real sharp knife to cut the vegetable (fruit? It always confused him what it was) with such ease, percision, and so clean. How it sounded like a crunch each time a piece was cut and the knife hit the surface the vegetable was on and become a little wet on the vegetable's blood. Cucumbers were a little hard to cut through at times by how thick they can be, although the skin of it could easily be scratched, even with fingernails just like it does on normal skin. Now he wondered if that knife could cut other things with such cleaness and ease with familiarity like cutting the skin of someone's- 

"Osomatsu-niisan?"

Osomatsu blinked and slowly perked up to look at Karamatsu with a blank expression as his daze was broken and his thoughts cuts off. He seemed to have stopped cutting the cucumbers. It confused and unsettled Karamatsu to see Osomatsu staring towards his way, more specifically to what he was doing. Maybe he wanted to help or needed something but was too afraid to ask. But the face he was making, the far off expression told his gut otherwise. 

Ah, he had those thought again. That wasn't a good sign, he'd have to be more careful, but as his previous thoughts were cut off he remembered his main thought and goal.

"Say Karamatsu, can you promise me to not tell the others about the letters?"

His sounded almost serious but carried a carefree tone. Karamatsu would've asked why but he figured if his brothers reacted the same way he did when he found out he had the letter, he definitely didn't want that to happen. It almost made Karamatsu feel honored and make his heart warm. His only older brother just came back and already he's trust him to keep such a secret! There was no way he'd let him down!

"Of course brother. I promise, your secret is safe with me!" He said in a deep voice just to add to his own pride and dramatic effect.

As if on cue, and as Karamatsu had predicted would wake up next, Choromatsu opened the door, "What secret?" 

The older two looked at him, then at each other, and back at him. Osomatsu snickered, "It's a secret, we can't tell! It's how they work isn't it?" 

Annoyance but an almost pained feeling was starting to build up in Choromatsu at his remark, but he figured he shouldn't let it out or act on it. Besides, for it just being a couple hours and for Osomatsu to trust any of them enough to keep a secret is a huge step and almost like a victory, no matter who it was. He sighed and nodded his head, "Already making us keep secrets huh, Osomatsu-niisan? Don't start picking favorites already too," Well maybe, he could show his annoyance a little. Just a little.

Almost unexpectedly Osomatsu laughed. Karamatsu was already back to preparing food as Choromatsu went to sit besides Osomatsu, only to hesitate. He wasn't sure if it would be okay to do so because his bag was there and because he just wasn't sure if he could, if Osomatsu was comfortable with it. Seeing how Choromatsu hesitated, Osomatsu grabbed his bag in a gentle casual manner and held it to his chest , almost hugging it, as an invitation that it was okay for him to sit down, so he did. They looked at each other with awkward yet casual smiles. Osomatsu with his trademark grin and Choromatsu with a 'v' shaped smile.