Chapter 12: The monster inside

Back at the Moon Dorm, in my room, I was looking at the homework we had been supposed to do. There was no point to it. Why do you have homework that you are supposed to be doing when there are more important things to be worrying about? Why does Kaname want me to transfer? Why is Zero still in the Day Class? He's a vampire. A level E.
Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I opened it to find Kaname standing there.
"Ka-Lord Kaname, shouldn't you be in class?" It was night-time, and all the vampires had left for class, I had gone in as they went out. Kaname ignored me as usual.
"I think that I should tell you why I moved you to the Day Class." This got my attention.
"In simple terms, I want you to protect and look out for Yuki." This didn't sound all that great. Protect Yuki from what?
"I have made a request to move Zero into the night class after the incident, a few nights ago." I hoped he wouldn't succeed. Imagine a Night Class lesson with Zero glaring down every student in the night class, including me. Wait, but I transferred. Oh.
"What am I supposed to protect Yuki from?" My question was ignored, once again. This is getting annoying. I'll try another question.
"How long do you want me to protect Yuki for?" He better answer this time.
"For as long as I deem necessary." And how long would that be?
Kaname did something that surprised me. He pulled aside the hair covering his neck.
"Drink my blood." What?! Kaname looked at me with his deep brown-red eyes.
"You are a very weak Level C. There is too much human blood, and not enough of a vampire's blood. If I want you to protect Yuki, I want you to be strong enough to. The blood of a pureblood will make you much stronger than your current state." That made sense. But - I have never drank anyone's blood, and to drink a pureblood's blood...
Just drink it, it's not like it will kill you.
Hesitantly, I made my way to Kaname and his bared neck. As I opened my mouth, I felt a powerful urge seize me, something that I had never felt before. Gently, I licked his neck, savouring the moment. The feeling overwhelmed me, and finally I bit down savouring the taste of the pure, rich blood. For the first time ever.
Hungrily, I lapped it all up, drinking it in greedily, like an animal gone mad with thirst. I must have been drinking for about five minutes until I realised.
Like an animal gone mad.
Abruptly I stopped, wiping the blood on my face, with the back of my hand, and stepping back from Kaname. He showed no sign of pain from the bite, nor disgust at my drinking of blood.
I could still taste the blood in my mouth, rich and pure, and felt disgusted at what I have become.
Kaname let his hair fall back in place, hiding the bite mark I had made. He looked at me, expressionless.
"I hope you will do your job, now that you are satisfied."