Chapter 19: Jobs and Risks

"Not allowed, forbidden, against the school rules, you know you can't keep them." Yuki's voice rattled out as she took various items from students as she walked past them.

Our first act as disciplinary committee was to get rid of forbidden and not allowed items, namely photos of the night class.

"Hey! You can't do that!" The feeble shout of the class president came out, directed towards Yuki. Yuki stopped pushing her big trolley of items in surprise.

"I don't care if you're the disciplinary committee, but you can- Hey!" The president's voice was cut short as Zero snatched a book he was hiding behind his back.

"Not allowed." Zero's cool voice spoke, as he tossed it into the trolley Yuki pushed. I myself, had a trolley like Yuki's which was full of photo's and albums of the night class. There were some others like bubble gum, but it was mainly photos.

The main corridor of the building and it's adjoining hallways were full of protests and disjointed students who've had their precious photos taken away.

Seriously? How can they look at the pictures of those monsters and swoon? They are horrible creatures... and I am one of them.

"Hey, Saki!" Yuki's voice called to me. I looked up expectantly.

"I need to take these to the tower to bin, do you want me to take yours too? You can go and get a head start on the Night Class in the meantime."

It seemed okay to me, I didn't like the idea of having to check the Night Class alone, with all those aristocrats glaring at me...and Kaname controlling my every movement.

As soon as I had finished dumping all of my items from my trolley to Yuki's, I headed out of the building, towards the Moon Dorm.

Approaching the tower, where the old and withered gatekeeper stayed, I hesitated slightly, wondering if I would be allowed to pass. The gatekeeper only looked at me, and let me pass without a word. He had probably seen me enough times to know that I was in the Moon Dorm.

Walking towards the dorm, I let myself in through the front door to hear Akatsuki's rumbling voice.

"You are going to be in so much trouble of Lord Kaname finds out." My ears pricked at this. An aristocrat in trouble? This, I have to see.

Walking up the stairs quietly, I aimed for silent and stealthy. I'd forgotten that, in this dorm full of vampires, vampires have excellent hearing.

"Who's there?" Akatsuki's carrot top head poked around the corner, "Oh, it's only Saki, she can keep a secret." So they think they can bully me huh?

"Saki, come here." There wasn't a very commanding tone in his voice, it was more of a suggestion. I climbed the rest of the stairs and walked into Hanabusa's room.

What I saw in there shocked me.

Lined up against the wall and in various parts of the room where little, well, pieces. Pieces of what looked as though used to be vases, window panes, and stuff. I didn't get the point of it.

"Please, don't get rid of it!" Hanabusa's pleading voice broke in, "Please, it's my most treasured collection! I know you're disciplinary committee and all, but it's so important to me! I promise I'l-"

"You'll what?" Kaname's voice was full of steel, as he eyed Hanabusa's collection, "You do know that you're breaking a serious rule here. Akatsuki, Saki, please begin taking this out. Now."

Hanabusa's face looked as though it was going to break. As he began to protest. Akatsuki just shrugged, and began picking up pieces of glass and the broken wooden boards. I went to help him, mainly because I could virtually feel Kaname's growing anger, and I didn't want his glare to be turned on me. That's when I heard Yuki's voice outside.

"Zero, hold on!" I turned to Kaname, an escape plan forming in my head.

"I can hear Yuki and Zero, I should probably go now." Kaname didn't say anything, but his eyes glowed, and the chandelier overhead erupted into tiny shards.

"Yay! More things to add!" Hanabusa's voice shouted in joy, as he crouched on the floor, cradling the shards like a precious relic.

"Hanabusa." Akatsuki's sleepy voice said warningly.

I took this as a chance to escape. Slipping out of the room, I made it to the front door. Opening the door, I called out to Yuki and Zero.

"Yuk- Huh?" Zero and Yuki lay on the ground in front of the steps to the front entrance. Yuki was holding a packet of blood tablets. I recognised them because Mum had gotten me some... which were positively disgusting. Maybe those ones tasted better?

No. I shook my head hard. I am not a monster who wonders what type of blood is delicious.

"What's this, Zero?" Yuki's confused voice asked, as she held up the blood tablets. I was surprised. She didn't know what they were?

With a mutter of anger, Zero got up, snatching the blood tablets out of her hand and marching off.

"Zero!" Yuki ran after him, neither of them noticing me, standing by the front door.

"Go after her." Kaname's voice said quietly. I jumped in shock. I hadn't heard Kaname come through the door. He was leaning against the door behind me, the other one swinging open. I hadn't heard a thing.

"I said, go after her." Kaname repeated. Nodding and muttering a reply, I ran after Yuki, who had, by now, reached the gate tower.

Okay, so I suppose I should tell you. I'm going to stop working on this story for a bit, a couple of weeks maybe less. I want to finish my other story, the Puella Magi Hunger Games. It's almost completed, and I want to direct all of my attention to it for now. Don't worry peeps, I will come back to this story, but not for a while. Keep checking back, and feel free to read my Puella Magi one ;) Bye!