three

Harry. The thing that pisses me off the most is that whenever I talked it seemed funny to him. What an asshole. He was probably in the secretary's office to fill some registration papers. That means he could possibly be in my class. I hope not. I woudn't be able to stand him all the year.

I reach the library and take a seat in the most secluded desk in the room, at the back. The last thing I want is to have any kind of contact with the rest of pupils in detention. I grab a pen and a sheet of paper. ''The perception of tim in the Roman society'' For fuck's sake. What the hell am I supposed write? I guess I'll have to bother to search some information.

Thoughtlessly I start doodling the paper. I don't know how to start the essay so I decide to take out my phone and start listening to some music. Luckily my hair is long enough to cover the headphones so no one can notice.

25 minutes pass and I've done literally nothing. I'm really good at waisting time. It's getting harder to keep my eyes open. I'm not totally asleep so I can hear voices approaching the library, coming along the hallway.

''This High School is also provided with a great library, perfectly equiped with computers and all kinds of books. In fact, it's property of the Town Hall and although it's built next to the High School it is sometimes used for the town events'' It's clearly Mrs. Tindale's voice explaining something to another person.

 I slightly open my eyes and for a moment I can't remeber where I am. Suddenly the first thing I see are two green eyes staring directly at me. Those eyes. Him.

''Morning'' Harry is sitting on the chair in front of me, lazily leaning on his back and with his arms crossed on his lap, once again defining his arm muscles.

''What the -?? How long have you been here?'' I ask frightened.

''Long enough'' He answers with a grin on his lips. Those lips.

''Well, it isn't funny. You've scared me''

''Am I so ugly?'' He asks as he arches his back so he can more easily grab the pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and put it on the desk. I mentally laugh to myself at the tightness of his jeans, it was probably making him uncomfortable.

I decide to ignore him and lower my gaze to the sheet of paper on the desk in which I should've already finished writing the essay. It's getting even more difficult to concentrate on it.

''You're distracting me'' I rudely remark.

''Do I distract you, Daphne?''

''Jerk'' I mumble to myself.

''The funny thing is you where asleep when I arrived''

I'm so embarrased about it i just keep ignoring him. But he keeps staring at me.

''You're really pretty. Has anyone ever told you?''

''No'' I suddenly feel my cheeks blush. I'm not sure how to react when people compliment me, I can never tell if they're laughing at me or not.

I decide to pretend I'm busy writing the essay to avoid making eye contact with him. I know he is still looking at me and it makes me a bit unfomfortable and so nervous I keep tucking strands of hair behind my ear. I feel stupid. Maybe if I lie telling him I have a boyfriend he wil hopefully lose his interest on me and leave.

''Uhm... I have a boyfriend'' My voice is trembling.

For a moment there is complete silence in the room. Harry's expression is serious until he suddenly starts laughing out loud making all the people turn their faces straight at us.

''What does that excatly mean?'' He asks still laughing.

I don't know what to answer because I clearly don't have a boyfriend and somehow it looks like he knows it too despite what I've just told him.

''I get it'' He says as he stands up putting the pack of cigarettes back into his jeans pocket. I'm relieved now.

''I'll se you around'' He says before getting out of the library.

I found strange the fact that a boy like him  talked to me. In fact, I would've never imagined a boy actually wanting to talk to me at all. I've just met him but for some reason he seemed really confident. The last thing I wanted in my life now was to keep my mind busy thinking about some random guy, so the moment he left  I seriously started doing my essay. I wouldn't like to spend another morning there for not having finished it on time.

After 45 minutes of research I collected information enough to start writing it and half an hour later it was already finished, ready to hand it to Mrs. Winfrey.

After going to the humanities department to hand the essay I went to the cafeteria. Not only I had missed Latin class but all the other subjects I had that morning due to my waste of time, largely because of Harry.

It's lunch time now and we're allowed to go home, but I prefer to stay and have lunch here, besides there's no one at my house right now and I can meet Alex here and tell him everything about my busy morning.