His ex-wife

Home is not necessarily to be a country, it could be the heart of the person whom you love!

~my saying :)

At first, Fajr didn't get a hint about who this woman could be, but the way Reem examined her from head to toe made her feel weird. 

She was conversing with Safa, talking about the time Fatima and Huda were supposed to come back from Emirates, when she heard Badriya from inside summoning Reem to walk in; "Reem Habibati, come here... I missed you so much."

Just then, she turned to look at Reem who was taking off her Abaya, revealing her short green dress that reached her knees, her big eyes on Fajr. She was Arabian in every meaning of the word, brown skin, long black hair, and large, dark eyes. Despite of all this, the girl lacked manners. Suddenly, she raised her eyebrows in such an arrogant manner and addressed Fajr; "so you are the foreigner?!"

Fajr looked at her with wide-open eyes, only Khalid had used this word with her once. They looked similar. Fajr asked; "pardon?!"

Before Reem could say anything further, Safa intervened with hesitation; "come on girls, why are you standing in the doorway...go inside."

Reem shrugged her shoulders with an arrogant smirk and followed her mother who was ahead of her. Fajr turned to the mirror in the hallway and started to approach it, as she built up her concentration. "so this is Reem...that explained her attitude and the long look she exchanged earlier with Khalid."

She studied her reflection in the mirror and mentally scolded herself; "Forget about her...put her out of your mind... try to enjoy." She closed her eyes, letting her thoughts drift. Then  flinched at the touch of Safa's hand on her shoulder, introducing her to another woman; "This is Fajr."

Fajr turned to look at the young lady standing behind her.

The woman gave her a nice smile, hugged her and introduced herself; "I am Asma, Faiz's wife... I couldn't attend your wedding because I wasn't in the city... congratulations any way."

Fajr returned her sweet smile; "thank you...Faiz's wife.. that makes you... Majed's sister in law?"

"right!"

This icebreaker made Safa feel relieved so she left them alone, heading back to her guests.

"nice to meet you." Fajr said.

"you too. ever since I heard about you I felt so curious to see you."

"I hope all you heard was good things."

"Sure, don't worry." Asma winked.

Something about Asma's smiles and her upbeat personality made Fajr feel relaxed and grateful for her to be there. Throughout the gathering, Asma kind of filled Huda's place. The whole gathering was boring, women kept gossiping, talking about fashion, shopping and makeup etc. and this wasn't her thing. Not to mention how those women were distant and wary with her, as if she wasn't in the room. She saw this as a message and kept silent, either smiling or saying nothing at all. She was feeling that she wouldn't fit in, taking into account the sharp looks Reem kept sending towards her, as if she blamed her for all the mess in the world. The atmosphere around her was rather charged with negative influences.

She ignored that completely until Malak and Wafa (Safa's daughters) came to her and shyly asked her to accompany them to show her their own room. Gladly, she leapt to her feet and followed the girls to their room upstairs. She really needed this escape.

Malak was a creative artist, her pictures were everywhere in the room, they were a bit melancholy and surreal. Nature, fairy tales, dream were the important themes within them. Fajr was examining one of the pictures  with admiration when the door suddenly opened and Reem walked in.