Chapter 1

Ring

Ring

Ri-

I groan as I slammed my hand down onto my alarm clock. I slump as I walk to my bathroom to get ready, as I finish up my bathroom routine I walk back into my room finally realising that it is Friday, hell yeah no school tomorrow. As you can tell I hate school. Oh I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Talia Leer, I am eighteen years old, I have long dirty blonde hair, blue-green eyes and tan skin, I live with my father and I have a brother who ran away a year ago, as for my mother I don't know her she died when I was two.

I slide down the railing making my way to the kitchen for breakfast. On the table there was a plate with pancakes, bacon, and eggs along with a little note that read. ' Good morning Tal I had to leave for work early, today is going to be busy, here is some breakfast and don't be late to school'. Checking the time I realised that I only have ten minutes to get to school before im late and it takes five to drive there. I grab my things and race out of the house to my ford F-150 and drive off to school.

As I walk down the halls, I get smirks, winks and wolf whistles from the guys and nasty glares from the girls. I know what your thinking and no i'm not popular i'm a nerd, but today I chose to wear a beige crop top, white skinny jeans and my favourite brown leather jacket, my hair was curled and the outfit just showed all my curves and my sweet six pack.

The day droned on and classes got boring. The bell for lunch finally rings, all the students race out of the class. I pack my bag and leave the classroom to go to the cafeteria. I make my way over to the lunch line waiting to get some food. Suddenly my best friend Blair comes bouncing towards me waving something in the air.

"Look it Tal, I finally got my acceptance letter to Yale." she screams getting weird looks from others in line.

"Oh my goddess, Blair that's amazing. I'm so happy for you." I said

We jumped around doing our happy dance. People from all around the cafeteria started looking and laughing at us. Soon it was our turn to order, we grabbed our food and made our way to the back of the cafeteria to sit at our normal table. We waited for the rest of our group to arrive. Fifteen minutes later Seth and his twin Sam finally decide to show up.

" Sorry guys this idiot thought it would be a good idea and leave the school for study hall and go to the public pool to swim some laps" Sam said.

" What! I thought you guys were going to come to the library to study with me" Blair exclaimed.

" Guys lets just calm down and eat our lunches" I say trying to get them to not make everyone stare

The rest of lunch was quiet but fast. We all got up and put our trash in the garbage and went our separate ways. If it were possible classes got worse they were so boring I almost fell asleep in AP English. Finally the last bell rang throughout the school and all the students raced out of the classrooms to get ready for the football game and all the parties tonight. I made my way out to my truck and raced home.

When I got home I realised my father's car was in the garage. That's odd I thought dad was working at the pack today. Oh yeah I forgot my dad is the best doctor in the state of Illinois. As for the 'Pack' thing our town has werewolves living in it, to be honest the whole world does, and no my father and I are not werewolves, but we are two of the select few that know about them.

I walk into the house making my presence known. My Father walks out of the kitchen wearing his favourite apron. He walks over to me and gives me a hug while kissing my forehead.

"I'm almost done dinner so go upstairs and get cleaned up" My father said turning me around by my shoulders.

I run up the stairs tripping multiple times. I walk into my room and fall on my bed, after five minutes I decide to have a quick shower and get dressed in my black tights, and my dads old college sweater. After sliding down the railing I skip toward the kitchen sitting down at the dining room table as my dad sets the food down.

" So Tal how was school today" dad said.

" Oh you know boring as always, the same old same old". I replied.

We continued talking about random things as we ate. My dad made his famous cheese, potato and sausage casserole. Once dinner was finished I was excused and went to my bedroom to do some homework. Once I finished all of my homework my alarm clock read in bright red numbers '10:30 pm'. Three loud knocks were heard from my door. I walked over opening my door revealing my dad. I moved out of the way and let him in, he walked over to my bed and sat down.

" Tal hunny we need to talk". He said

I started to get nervous not knowing what was wrong. "Sure dad what's wrong"

He looked at me with regret and guilt written on his face. He was quiet for a while, probably trying to figure what he wanted to say.

"Ummm dad are you okay?" I asked worried about my father.

"Yes this is just hard to break the news to you" he says

"Dad you can tell me anything, it's okay don't worry." I said quietly

"I'll just come out and say it..... We are moving." he said looking down.

"What!" I screamed

"The Silver Stone Pack got a call from the Blood Moon Pack" he said

"Well what do they want." I asked

" They want me to be their pack doctor, and are willing to pay as much as possible to get me to work there."

"Oh" I say

Great now i'm going to have to leave all my friends and all my good marks. I can do this, its a great opportunity for dad he will get away from this town, he will get paid more, and he will finally get to move on from mom and start new. I can start new.