Chapter 2

Talia's POV

*Next Day*

Dad thought it would be a good idea for me to not go out today and get a head start on packing. So I got up early and started working away at my room, by lunch I had my room all packed up and started on the rest of the house. By the time my dad got home from work everything but his bedroom and his office were packed. My dad walked in the house just as I put dinner on the table.

"Dad come to the kitchen" I screamed waiting for him at the table

He walked in the kitchen and I took his work bag and his coat and set it on the island counter. Making my way to the table I grabbed plates, forks, knives and cups then set them on the table. I plopped my butt in my usual seat that was right across from my dad. For dinner we had Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast with jasmine rice and steamed vegetables.

"Thank you for dinner Tal it's very delicious." he said with a mouthful of food.

"It was no big deal I thought since I had nothing to do I could make your favourite before you had to pack." I responded

After dinner dad went up to his room to pack up since the moving truck is coming at six tomorrow morning. While dad was upstairs I cleaned up the kitchen, once i was done I plopped my butt on the couch and watched tv. Around 11:30 my dad came down stairs and sat beside me.

"Im sorry Tal, I know this is going to be hard but we will make it work I promise." he said quietly.

" Dad it's fine this a great opportunity for you and I can't take this away." I say kissing his cheek.

We both thought it would be a good idea to have a sleepover in the living room and watch lots of disney movies. So we went to our rooms and grabbed blanket, pillows and our secret stashes of candy. After setting up where we were going to sleep we popped in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, once that was finish we watched Lilo and Stitch,and  Big Hero 6.Half way through our last movie I fell asleep.

'Knock'

'Knock'

'Knock'

Loud bangs ring though the house. I jump up running to the door looking through the peephole seeing five big men wearing the same outfit. The movers are here I open the door slowly, peeking out.

"Hi we are the movers you hired."

"Um yes, let me just go get my father, please wait here." i said

I race back to the livingroom and try to wake my dad up. Once he was finally awake we cleaned up, dad went to get the movers while I put the movies, blankets, pillows and everything else in a box. The men moved around the house quickly picking up boxes and furniture, then packing it in the moving van. It took us two hours to get everything packed into the two moving vans.

"You ready for this new adventure" Dad says

" Not really, but it's worth a shot." I replied