Meeting Strangers

Current day

The alarm clock beeped annoyingly in her ears, a groan escaping her as she rolled over and slammed her hand on the clock to shut it up. Genevieve groaned again as she sat up and stretched, shaking the last bit of sleep away. She stood up from her bed and made her way over to the bathroom, taking a warm shower and brushing her teeth.

It was Monday, the most annoying day of the week. School starting again, the end of the weekend, waking up early again, everything.

After the shower, she towel dried her hair then brushed it. She then went to her closet and took out a light green long sleeve shirt, leather jacket, and light blue skinny jeans. She put them on and then grabbed her favorite pair of black ankle boots and put them on. She then went to the mirror and looked at her now dry hair and put the top half of her hair in a bun and the rest just straight down. Her hair was long enough to reach just above her elbows. She put on eyeliner and mascara, then a thin line of lip gloss and deemed herself done with getting ready.

She then grabbed her backpack and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Once downstairs, she set her backpack in a chair and then went straight to the cabinets. She grabbed a bowl and spoon, set them down on the counter, then grabbed milk and a box of fruity pebbles. She smiled as she poured the cereal in the bowl then the milk and sat down at the table after putting everything back where they belonged. She started eating just as her dad came in rubbing his head. He looked to her and waved.

"Morning Kiddo."
He said to her after yawning. He came over to her and kissed her head then he went over to the coffee pot.

"Morning dad. Sleep good?"
She asked, shoveling another spoonful of the colorful cereal into her mouth.

"As good as I can with your mother sleeping with me."
He chuckled and then looked to her.

"Says the one who snores all night long."
Elena said as she walked into the room, hearing her husband and her daughter talking.

"I do not snore."
Damon replied, a teasing smile on his lips,

"Oh you do. You sound like a lawn mower."
Elena groaned to add more dramatic effect.

Genevieve watched her parents with amusement in her eyes, then she laughed.

"What are you laughing at, you do the same."
Elena commented, smirking to her.

"I do not!"
Genevieve gasped, putting a hand over her heart.
"You lie!"

"How dare you?!"
Elena said and then walked up to her, flicking her forehead.
"It's true, but that's a horrible accusation. Breaks my heart. Now, are you ready for school?"

"Pft."
Genevieve rolled her eyes.
"No."

"I never was myself."
Elena laughed softly and went over to make herself some coffee and then smiled to Damon.

"I never went to your schools. Boring."
Damon said and then rolled his eyes.

"Lucky!"
Elena laughed again as she made a mug of coffee for Damon and handed it to him.

Genevieve finished her bowl and then set it in the sink. She grabbed her phone and checked the time.
"Oh! I've got to go before I'm late."
She said and then grabbed her backpack, slinging it on her shoulder.

She went to her parents and kissed both their cheeks before heading to the door.
"Bye! Love you guys."
She then ran out the door, snagging the keys that was on the wall beside the door.

She jogged up to the black '67 Chevy Impala that she called her own. Her dad had bought it for her when she was 16. It was beat up and run down when he did. She had fixed it up herself and it was her pride and joy. Her dad told her she got her mechanical side from her Uncle Stefan, whom had died before she was born. She felt a bit cheated that she never met him, but she was glad to at least have something of him in her. Sometimes when she was really stressed or afraid she would feel a sort of calming and warm presence around her, something her parents had told her that her Uncle Stefan was like. She always wondered if that was him, watching over her like a personal guardian angel.