Things Are Different Now

Bonnie made sure that she was between Genevieve and Kai the whole time. Her and Genevieve sat on the couch, while Kai was forced into the chair across the room. Genevieve watched Kai, sighing. Bonnie was rigid as a stone and the only movement she made was when Kai moved.

"How did you get out?"
Bonnie asked suddenly.

Kai looked to Bonnie, then to Genevieve.
"Katherine."

"How? She died."
Bonnie shot back.

Genevieve tensed up at the memory of Katherine.

"She died when an enormous about of magic was erupted everywhere. When you break the gates of hell, there's a lot that was impossible that becomes possible."
Kai said to Bonnie, his eyes going back to her.
"She slipped in, I mean, you did use kids to make this prison world. It wasn't very old, there were a lot of loopholes and tricks still there. She used it to her advantage."

"Why are you here?"
Bonnie glared at him.

"Originally? I was here to kill all of you. Damon cut my head off, you put me in another prison world, there were still two Gemini's around for me to kill. That was all my plan, until I met Genevieve."
Kai said and his eyes met with Genevieve's for a spilt second before going back to Bonnie's.

"There's no way it was just coincidence. Genevieve is Elena's and Damon's daughter. You just so happen to befriend her."
Bonnie scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"When I first met her, finding out who she was, I have to admit the thought crossed my mind. I was willing to do it. But the more I was around her, the less I wanted her hurt."
Kai said to Bonnie and sighed.

"You expect me to believe that?"
Bonnie shot back.

"No. I don't. I don't expect you to want to do anything but kill me. Trust me, it's hard for me to hold back myself but believe it or not, Genevieve is the only reason why you're still alive."
Kai replied, his eyes narrowing.

"You're a murderer, Kai. Your favorite pastime is to hurt and torment people to the point of them being traumatized for the rest of their lives. Yeah I want to kil-"

"He's changed, Aunt Bon Bon. I'm sorry if you don't see it. People always get the chance to change. You can't tell me honestly that you haven't hurt someone innocent before. You're a witch. If there's anything I've learned from the Supernatural world, it's that at least once, you're gonna hurt someone. Whether it be on purpose or on accident, doesn't matter."
Genevieve spoke, interrupting Bonnie.

"It does matter. I was manipulated into something I wasn't when I hurt someone."
Bonnie said, looking at her with wide eyes.

"And he wasn't? His whole family isolated him because he wasn't up to their standards. They tried to replace him and throw him away as if he wasn't worth their time. When he finally snapped, they didn't blame theirselves for it. No they blamed him, acting as nothing they did was ever wrong."
Genevieve countered, her face getting hard.
"He's made mistakes, everyone does."

"He does bad things, Genevieve, and he's repeated it over and over again. He's not gonna stop."
Bonnie glared at Kai.

"Tell me, Bonnie. I've been here for about a month. Have you heard anything about people going missing? Murdered? Anything about animal attacks?"
Kai leaned forward and laced his fingers together.

"No, wh-"

"All I need is yes or no."
Kai interrupted her quickly and continued.
"If none of those things have happened, then I haven't done any of it. I've been with Genevieve. She's taught me how to not let anger control me. Or did you not notice how she got me to stop choking you to death?"
Kai added the last sentence with venom.