Silent Scream

Genevieve went to walk up to her mom but Kai's hand came out and grabbed her arm, stopping her. Kai clenched his jaw slightly.

"Kai, sweetie, you've been hiding things from me."
Her mom said, looking over to the man who held Genevieve back.

Genevieve furrowed her brows together.
"You know my mom?"
She asked Kai.

"That's not you mother."
Kai said simply, his eyes looking to her before they met back with the woman before them.

Genevieve felt even more confused.
"What are you talking about? I think I would know if someone was my mom or not."

"Well your mom is in Atlanta, Georgia by now. She's with your dad."
Kai said, his grip tightening around Genevieve's arm.

Genevieve sucked in a quick breath.
"Kai..."
No answer.
"Kai you're hurting me."

Finally he looked to his hold on her and quickly let go as if burned. He glared down at his hand then looked up to the woman.
"What do you want Katherine?"

"Katherine?"
Genevieve looked over to the woman who smirked at the two of them.

"I wanted to see what was keeping so much of your attention lately. You're not exactly very cooperative."
Katherine said to Kai, cutting a little glare of annoyance to him before her eyes looked to Genevieve.
"Didn't know it was the Salvatore girl."

"H-h...."
Genevieve looked from Katherine, the girl who looked exactly like her mother, to Kai.
"What?"

"She doesn't concern you."
Kai ignored Genevieve, keeping his eyes on Katherine.

"Doesn't concern me? She's exactly what we've needed. Damon and Elena's daughter. She's friends with Lizzie and Josie, your nieces. She's friends with Bonnie, Caroline, everyone we're trying to get to."
Katherine said, her obvious frustration with Kai was showing more and more with each word she spoke.

Genevieve felt her heart pounding in her chest. This 'Katherine' wasn't good. Somehow she looked like her mom and she knew everyone she cared about. She knew who her parents were. And it was clear that she hated them. She wanted Genevieve for something bad, something apparently Kai was tied into, and Genevieve didn't know what to do. She could run, but knowing that Kai was a vampire, she knew he'd catch up to her easily. She didn't even know what Katherine was so she didn't want to risk anything. And she didn't even want to get started on the mention that Lizzie and Josie were supposedly Kai's 'nieces'. She could only handle so much at the moment.

Kai clenched his jaw again, thinking. He peered over to Genevieve, whom didn't pay no attention to him. She was completely focused on Katherine. Then he looked back to Katherine.
"We aren't doing anything, not yet. We'll use her later."
Kai said, trying to sound casual.

"There is no later. The best time to do it is now while everyone is scattered."
Katherine said and rolled her eyes.
"If you won't do it,"
She suddenly just moved till she was in front of Kai, faster than Genevieve could follow with her eyes.
"Then I will."
Katherine added and reached up, grabbing Kai by the head and turning it quickly to the right.

It made a loud and sickening crack and Genevieve gasped, watching as Kai fell to the ground. Genevieve breathed heavily. Kai was dead now, Genevieve couldn't believe it. This man was killed right in front of her.

"Now, you."
Katherine spoke, jolting Genevieve out of her thoughts.

Genevieve looked up to her, her eyes widened with fear. She turned to run, but she stopped immediately when Katherine was there in her way. Katherine held up her finger, shaking it slowly as she tsked.