Falling Even More

The rest of the night was spent on small kisses and just talking about things. Turns out Kai was starting to get addicted to kissing, he would give Genevieve a little peck anywhere he could get just out of no where. Mostly it would be on her cheek or lips but sometimes he would kiss the top of her head and she would practically glow. Though, it all had to end when her parent came back home. Her and Kai was sitting on her bed, facing eat other and talking about past experiences with people. Kai talked a bit about his childhood, speaking about how his family treated him and Genevieve couldn't help but feel sympathetic to him. No one should be isolated as a child, she could only imagine the pain and sadness he felt from being rejected by his whole family because he was different.

They heard the door open and close and Genevieve looked at Kai in panic, she didn't expect them to be home yet. She heard Caroline's and Alaric's voice carry up the stairs from the living room and that made it even worse. Genevieve went to speak but Kai but he pressed his finger to her lips.

"Caroline. Vamp."
Kai mouthed to her, tapping his ear.

Genevieve's eyes widened.
"What?!"
She mouthed back.

"Shh!"
Kai said to her. He froze when he realized he spoke out loud.

Genevieve looked to the door, hearing someone walk up the steps. She looked to Kai again and then motioned for him to hide. She quickly stood up and fixed her clothes then sat down in front of her mirror and playing with her hair as if she was just messing with it, she also turned on her music. She looked in the corner of the mirror, back to Kai who still sat on her bed. He smirked at her teasingly before he disappeared.

She relaxed enough as soon as the door opened and emerged Caroline. Genevieve turned her gaze to the door through the mirror.

"Hey Aunt Care."
Genevieve said with a smile.
"I didn't know you would show up."
She let her hair fall around her face and then turned completely to look at her.

Caroline had a look of suspicion on her face, gazing around the room before she looked to Genevieve.
"Yeah, your parents invited me and Ric to stay over a few hours. They thought you might like to see us."
She replied, acting as if she wasn't suspicious anymore.

Genevieve quirked an eyebrow.
"Of course, I'm already happy to see you guys."
She smiled.

"Good. We brought ice cream, hope you're hungry."
Caroline smiled brightly back.

Genevieve laughed and then she nodded.
"I'll be down in a minute. Let me just change into something more presentable."

Genevieve motioned to her tank top and denim shorts.

"You look fine!"
Caroline said waved her hand off like it was nothing.

"Define fine."
Genevieve shot back and rolled her eyes.
"Go, let me change."
She teased and then laughed.

Caroline rolled her eyes and then left the room. The second the door closed Kai appeared back on her bed in the same place. Genevieve looked to him and pointed to the window.

"You've got to go."
She mouthed to him.

Kai rolled his eyes at her but shook his head.
"I don't wanna."
He mouthed back with a pout. He held a hand to the door, a look of concentration passing his features before he muttered a word.
"silentium"
After another second passed he looked to her.
"Okay, we're free to speak now."
He smiled at her as if proud.

"You have to go, Kai. I have to go downstairs and no doubt Caroline will be keeping an ear on my room because she already thinks someone is in here."
She said to him, crossing her arms in an attempt to be stern.