Chapter 2: Rehearsal

The next two weeks sped by. Days blurred with constant promotions for their upcoming comeback concert. Yoongi still struggled with his song, slowly realizing that the struggle only grew harder when he was away from Jimin. Something that was beginning to piss him off. Why should his ability to compose be so dependant on the momentary sight of his band mate?

Yoongi shrugged the questions away, pacing around the stage, waiting with the other members to start their first rehearsal. Yoongi practiced his lines in his head, following up by making weak movements to the choreography, trying to remember his timing.

The other members were spread across the stage. Hoseok helping Taehyung with his microphone. Namjoon and Jin going over the choreography. Jungkook's light voice fluttering incoherently to warm up.

Jimin stood a few feet from Yoongi, stretching his limbs in preparation for the choreo. Yoongi tried not to think about how perfectly that loose white sweater fit against Jimin's athletic frame. He also tried not to think about how long Jimin's legs looked in those skinny jeans ripped at the knees. Trying not to think a lot these days, he said to himself in an effort to calm his own mind.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan, we're ready to begin," the show directors voice rasped over the loud speaker.

In unison, the 7 members line up at the front of the stage holding their right arms out, hands shaped like guns. Namjoon's voice led their usual hello, "2, 3, Bang!"
"-Tan! Hello we are Bangtan Sonyeondan! We will do our best!" The members completed the hello, bowing in appreciation to the staff around them.

"Ye~" The director answered back. "Let's get set and start with your first song."

"Ye," the boys answered before taking their positions in the center of the stage. Taking their stances for the opening dance. Yoongi took a deep breath, glad to be able to focus on something other than Jimin. The elder member always taking his work seriously.

"30 seconds and then we begin," the director said before the stage lights darkened.

Yoongi focused on the countdown in his earpiece. Patiently waiting for the rise of the upbeat title track. Without much thought Yoongi's body fell into the smooth and popping movements of their routine. Focusing on the music, waiting for his part to approach.

But Yoongi forgot a detail that turned out to be more significant than he expected, Jimin's verse came before his own.

His voice rang like a crystal bell into Yoongi's mind. It didn't help that the volume of the other members voices were quiet in his headset. With each note, Yoongi's mind was flooded with the warmth of Jimin's voice. Washing a numbness over his skin as Yoongi's mind focused more on the sound of Jimin's voice. More so that when his verse had arrived he had almost missed the beat, forgetting that there was a world outside the angel in his ears.

"Good job. Thank you. Adjustments now. Namjoon-ssi?" the director called, waiting for direction for their headset playback.

Yoongi took the moment to calm himself. His breath was labored from the quick practice but his heart was pounding a little harder than it normally should. Usually the sound techs know that Yoongi likes Jimin's voice to be quieter, keeping the secret that it was really because he couldn't focus under the clear full sound of Jimin's voice. Apparently, these sound technicians were unaware of his request. Yoongi pretended the volume level of his voice was the reason his heart strained to get back into a normal rhythm.

"Ye~," The directors voice again. "Jimin-ssi?"

Jimin stepped forward, smiling to them while adjusting the microphone box attached to the back of his pants. Yoongi couldn't help but notice the slightly olive skin of Jimin's back peeking through. A sight that instinctively made Yoongi bite on his bottom lip. "Can you please raise the volume on Suga-hyung and lower the others?"