Chapter 3: Realization

BTS's comeback show was another success and the next two months were spent with very little sleep and tons of variety appearances and fan meets. The time drained the energy from every member. Leaving a band of walking zombies to trudge sleepily out of the TV studio for their last promotional appearance. The promise of the duty free upcoming week long break finally within their grasp. Splitting up into their two black vans.

Yoongi along with the two older members, Jin and Namjoon, piled into one van while the younger members crammed into the second. Yoongi was glad for the peace and quiet of their ride back to the dorm. Knowing the other van was probably still rowdy despite their sleep deprivation.

Yoongi knew part of himself wished he was in the other van. Sitting beside Jimin. After their moment in the dressing room, Yoongi couldn't get Jimin out of his head. The touch of his skin. The smell of his cologne. The breeze of his warm breath on Yoongi's ear. Luckily, after a couple weeks the two were able to look each other in the eye and go back to normal. Perhaps unluckily, Yoongi often thought. It was like he wanted... Expected something to happen. But he didn't have the time to think about what that may be.

>Yoongi suddenly found himself in a dark room. A lighter in his hand. He flicks it, the small flame lighting up as much as could possibly be seen.
He was sitting on an old bed. The cream walls around him were bare. It vaguely reminded him of the set from the 'I NEED U' music video.
Yoongi held the lighter out in front of him. A familiar figure slowly came into view.
Jimin stood before him. Chest bare, skin glowing under the light of the flame. Yoongi dared not let his eyes drift down any farther, scared of the thrill he knows he could feel. Instead Yoongi let his eyes meet Jimin's gaze. A bright smile spread across his pink lips.
The longer they stared, the warmer Yoongi's chest became. The harder it was to breathe. He was scared. He was excited. He was everything. All emotions all at once. How could one look from another man make him want to cry and laugh at the same time?
Jimin's pleasant face began to fade into something similar to worry. His naturally deep brown eyes wide with uncertainty. He opened his mouth to speak. "Hyung..."<

"Hyung," Yoongi was awakened by the sound of Namjoon's voice and a quick snack to the knee that stung a little from Namjoon's portruding knuckles.
Yoongi rubbed his eyes, realizing he had fallen asleep during the ride back to the dorm. The vague vision of Jimin already becoming a new plague on his mind. He crawled out of the van, eyes still heavy with sleep. Letting a long yawn escape as he took in the cool fall air. The breeze carrying the light scent of one of the garden's flowers. Followed by the rich smell of Jimin's cologne.

Yoongi snapped his attention to the other van just as Jimin was emerging. Another beautiful smile spread across his face as he waved sleepily in Yoongi's direction. These looks and feelings whirring around inside Yoongi's body was beginning to drive him insane. He could feel the scowl cross his face leaving Jimin to look at him curiously. Why are his eyes so fucking big and bright?! Yoongi yelled into his own head.
Before any more feelings or thoughts could form, Yoongi rushed into their building. Hurrying to the elevator, making sure to beat any of the other members. His fingers fumbled at the keypad on the front door as he tried to escape the fullness of Jimin's laugh echoing through the walkways. Once inside he kicked off his shoes and ran into his room, sliding into the bathroom and slamming the door.
For a moment, Yoongi felt relieved. Until he realized that while he was trying to escape more thoughts, he was now left completely alone with his thoughts. What the fuck? What the fuck? What the FUCK?
Yoongi leaned over the sink. His body on fire. The gears in his brain grinding uncontrollably. Why does his heart stop every time Jimin laughs? Why do his eyes always follow the lines of Jimin's jaw? Why does he feel this now, after being beside each other for so many years? Why was he...
Yoongi's eyes snapped to the bathroom mirror, befuddled by his own expression as the words fell out of his mouth in a faint whisper, ".... Why am I so attracted to him?"
       He shakes his head in an attempt to dislodge his thoughts. Too exhausted to delve deeper into himself. Yoongi pushed himself away from the sink. Quickly removing his clothes and getting a shower to clean the sweat he had accumulated from the show.
        Once finished, he headed back into his room to change. He could hear the voices of the other members, still filled with some level of energy, joking around in the living room. Tired of the sound of his own mind and of Jimin's angelic laugh that Yoongi managed to always hear, even when they were apart, he grabbed his ear buds out of his desk drawer. Clicked on the loudest playlist in the music library of his smart phone and jumped into his bed.
       Maybe he could just sleep it off.