Chapter 15: Brotherhood

>Breaking News<

    Members of the worldwide famous idol group, Bangtan Sonyeondan, have been caught sharing romantic kisses after leaving their recording studio late at night with two other members

Min Yoongi aka SUGA and Park Jimin have been in the news before for sleeping in a hotel room together just down the street from their dorm. Despite their denials to my questions during last weeks press conference, the two seem closer than they'd have us believe.

Leader of the group Kim Namjoon aka RM and Maknae Jeon Jungkook were also with the couple as they shared their romantic display. It seems as though the other members are aware of their relationship. As a reporter even I have to wonder about the relationships between the other members now as well. Have they spent too much time in America that now they're going to destroy their career in Korea?

Yoongi sat up in his hospital bed, eyes drilling invisible holes into the article open on his phone. Once finished with his staring contest with the device, he chucked it across the room. Grunting in frustration as it smacked against the wall. Pieces of the phone sliding across the floor. The IV in his arm nearly being yanked out by the action. Causing Namjoon to grab Yoongi's wrist and check the IV site. But Yoongi just pulled his hand away. Unable to care. About anything any more.
"Go home, Namjoon-ah," Yoongi said, his voice rasped from recording the day before.
Namjoon took a seat on the comfortable chair beside Yoongi's bed. The rest of the large VIP hospital room completely empty. Leaving the elder to feel even smaller than he did before. Jimin's words were the only thing playing in his head. Like a record stuck on repeat that Yoongi couldn't reach to turn off. At this point he could only feel one emotion: anger.
"No," Namjoon replied sternly. "I'll leave when you leave."
Yoongi pointed to the pieces of his phone on the floor, "Don't you see that being near me is fucking dangerous right now?"
Namjoon rolled his eyes, "It's one story published on a sleazy website. It hardly matters right now. In case you weren't aware, you're in the hospital. You fucking passed out last night from stress and exhaustion."
Yoongi knew his diagnosis, but he also knew it was really the pain of his heart splitting that caused him to black out. "I'm fine, damn. Just go."
Namjoon shifted further into his chair, "Let me try English, Noooooooooo."
Jungkook slid open the door to Yoongi's hospital room, followed closely by Sejin, his teasing trot voice singing loudly, "Everybody say No~"
For a moment Yoongi wished he could laugh, "What are you doing here?"
The youngest points to their manager, "I came with Sejin-hyung. He was picking up me and Hobi-hyung from the dance studio."
"What about Jiminie?" The question slipped from Yoongi's lips, unable to catch the words before they came out.
Jungkook and Namjoon fell silent. Their eyes on the floor. Sejin was the only one looking at Yoongi. Which made Yoongi worry.
"Yah, give us a minute," Sejin requested, waving Namjoon and Jungkook outside.
The members nodded and left the room, sliding the door quietly behind them. Sejin took the seat Namjoon had been sitting in and looked up at Yoongi. Yoongi hated worrying. Hated not knowing.
"Hyung, spit it out," Yoongi sighed, laying back on the somewhat upright bed.
Sejin nodded, not wasting time, "Jimin-ah is at the dance studio working with Sungdeuk."
Yoongi nodded, still worrying about Jimin, "What did you want to talk about then?"
Sejin sighed, "Look, I know about you and Jimin-ah."
Yoongi froze at the comment and stared at his manager, worry creeping deeper.
Sejin shook his head, "I've been with you guys long enough to know what's going on. Hobeom too. We don't care. Your choices are your business."
"But?" there's always a "but".
Sejin frowned, "But... Bang PD-nim thinks it's for the best if you and Jimin stay away from each other for a little while. Aside from things that require the whole group. Jimin-ah, Jungkookie, and Taehyung-ah will be staying at a hotel until the rumors die down a bit."
"Does PD-nim know?" Yoongi asked, his voice filled with sadness at the thought of being unable to talk to or see Jimin.
Sejin shook his head, "No. You're all very close so he believes it's just baseless rumors planned by one of the other companies to try and discredit the band."
Yoongi sighed, his eyes staring into the ceiling, "Hyung?"
"hm?" Sejin's deep voice seemed as sad as Yoongi felt.
"Jiminie and I can't be together.... Ever. Can we?"
Sejin sighed, leaning back in the chair, "I can't really answer that."
"Why not?"
Sejin adjusted his thin framed glasses, "Some people may tell you that your decisions effect others because of your fame. That you hold the responsibility of the other members and also your managers in your hands. But I don't believe that."
Yoongi looked to his manager, surprised by his answer but letting him continue.
"Everyone's decisions have consequences. But when I think about all the time we've all spent together, how hard we've worked, how far you've all come in such a short period of time... I don't believe your fame is that frail. Yeah, being gay isn't really acceptable here. But most of your fame came from international fans. Many from countries where none of that matters. I believe your music and your hardwork can't be torn down by you choosing to be happy."
Yoongi stared silently as Sejin stood up and headed towards the door, turning back to him and smiling, "Yoongi-ah, it's your life. You deserve to be able to find happiness. No matter what that is. You all do."
At that, the manager left. Leaving Yoongi to spend the next few hours trapped inside his own mind. Playing out a multitude of "coming out" scenarios in his head. Why couldn't his scenarios end happily like Sejin hoped?