(Madeline) Act One, Scene One

A/N: This story is being edited currently edited and the style is changing drastically. We apologize for the inconvenience. You should also be informed that this story is written by two people, Kat and Lilly Flower, also known as @Sissytobitch10seconds and @hermionegirl13 . Kat is in Bold and Lilly Flower is in plain text. That being said, happy reading lovelies. <3

OPEN CURTAINS

Rio sat on his bed in the Janus cabin staring blankly at a wall, a bottle on antidepressants in his clenched hands. He didn't notice at all when Madeline approached behind him. He watched as another version of what seemed to be her waltzed over to his bed and flopped down, gracefully, as she always did. When she got as close as she could without him noticing, Madeline shouted into his ear; "What on Olympus are you doing?"

Rio jumped. Then he glared at Madeline. "Stop that," he snapped, "I'm thinking."

Madeline giggled and then slid onto the floor next to them both. "What are you thinking about?" she said with a curious tone in her normally bored voice.

Rio rolled his eyes. Madeline could be so annoying sometimes! "I was thinking about camp," he snapped, "you're going back next year, right? I mean, I know we're at our normal camp, but it's almost autumn already." Rio said, meaning that he was talking about Camp Half-Blood as opposed to Camp Jupiter.

Madeline rolled her own eyes and then said with an irritated growl, "I'm a year round camper, you idiot." Rio rolled his eyes again and stuck his tongue out at her with an upset noise. Rio watched as a version of her stood up and ruffled his hair before sashaying out of the cabin.

Rio glanced over at the real Madeline, who was still sitting on the floor. She smiled up at him. He smirked and shook his head, putting the little bottle of antidepressants on his bedside table. He'd take those later.

The door flew open, and Elliot bounded in, covered in sweat and, for some reason, slimy blue muck. The salt water was nearly dripping off of him, his breath was labored and yet he was still dressed in all black. Madeline recoiled as a chunk of baby blue slime dripped off of his pants and onto the cabin floor. "What on Olympus happened to you?" Ara asked from across the room. She placed her book on the bed and scrunched up her nose.

Elliot glanced down at his slime-covered outfit and grinned, wiping his sweaty forehead. "Chiron wanted me to fight a goo monster in the arena," he said with a shrug, "as you can see it didn't go too well. Now where's my change of clothes?"

"How about we get you a towel first?" Madeline giggled as she stood up and purposely slid on the already fallen slime as she reached for the cupboard. When she reached it, she picked up a white towel and threw it at her half brother.

"Hey!" Elliot caught the towel with an even wider grin than before and rubbed it on his white-blond hair, his opposite colored eyes twinkling. Madeline winked her singular hazel eye at him. Little brothers, even half brothers, were fun to tease.

Ara sighed and stood up, and nearly danced around the goo before she found her way to the door. Madeline then slipped and created a crashing noise that both camps must have heard, even though one was on the other side of the U.S. Elliot moved out of the way and continued to rub the goo off of his clothes before he took off his shirt. Madeline shrieked and covered her eyes, "I did not need to see that much of my baby brother. Ever."

Elliot rolled his eyes and put on a new shirt, this one dark gray. "If you don't want to see me like this, you should go out of the cabin, Maddie. I don't know why this is such a big deal. We used to bath together back at Camp Jupiter," he said. Madeline glared at him, but left anyway. Elliot grinned at Rio, who chuckled.

Suddenly, the door flew open and a young girl, who was wrapped in Ace bandages, came barging, or rather stumbling in. "Are you okay Nora? Why are you wrapped up like that?" Elliot asked as he dodged behind a Chinese curtain to change his pants. Rio giggled a little and began to help his little sister remove the bandages.

Nora gasped with relief once the last bandage had come off. "Thanks, Rio," the nine-year-old girl said, "one of those idiots from the Mars cabin played a trick on me. Apparently it involved bandages." Elliot snorted with laughter from behind the curtain, and Rio smirked.

Madeline reentered the cabin with a small blush. Ara looked up from her book and rolled her eyes, knowing the exact reason why her sister was blushing.

"Why are you blushing Maddie?" Elliot asked as he tried to smooth his hair, which had been sticking up funny where the goo had dried, but to no avail. With a frustrated sigh he said, "Guess I'll have to hit the showers. I just hope no annoying Venus kids are in there, fussing about broken nails and stuff."

"I have no obligation to tell you anything. And it's noon. You know that all the Venus kids go in there to shower at noon," Madeline said with another eye roll. If anyone that was not from the Janus cabin spent the night there they would die. Murder from eye rolling.

Elliot groaned. "Crap," he muttered, "I'll have to wait until after lunch."

"Lunch?" Rio and two Aras asked with a pleased expression. Madeline slipped on some of the leftover slime that had been left on the floor. Elliot burst out laughing, which earned him a glare from Madeline.

"Yes, lunch," said Elliot, blushing, "the conch horn should be blowing any minute." at that moment, the Janus kids heard the sound of the conch horn. Elliot grinned. "See?" he asked, looking smug, "am I good or am I good?"

"Dad wouldn't want you to say something that stupid," Madeline muttered as she raced the rest of her siblings out of the cabin and up to the dining pavilion.  

Mostly Normal: Only Half of the StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara