(Elliot) Act Five, Scene Four

Elliot sat on his bed and stared at the floor, not quite believing what he had seen and heard. Rio was going on a quest with two boys he seemed to know, without telling his siblings?

He must have said this out loud, because Madeline came over and sat down next to her younger half-brother, putting an arm around his skinny shoulders. Her eyes and nose were red from crying, but she just looked sad now. "He told me," she said, "and I tried to stop him, but he's sure he has to do this. I don't know why, but there must be a reason."

Elliot stared hard at the wall. "He didn't even talk to me," he whispered, "he just pushed past me. Ignored me. I...I need to think by myself for a while."

Madeline smiled softly and patted Elliot's white-blond hair, standing up from his bed. "All right," she said, "I'll go to the Big House for some snacks. Maybe that'll cheer you up?"

Elliot shrugged halfheartedly, watching his sister go. He wasn't about to say it to her, but he didn't feel very hungry. All he wanted was his two lost siblings back.

"Elliot!" a male voice called from outside of the house. Elliot's head snapped over to look, his eyes widened as the child of Lilith that he had been looking for stood in the window.

"Quinn? Where were you?" Elliot asked as he ran over and hugged his best friend.

"My mother wanted to keep me for longer than I expected," Quinn said with a semi-comforting smile. "Can you do something for me?"

"Of course I can, what is it?" Elliot asked with a small smile.

"I need you to come with me. We need to follow your brother and his friends," Quinn said as he looked at Elliot with stern eyes.

Elliot jumped up from his bed. "Finally, some action including me!" he shouted, "Of course I'll come. Where to?"

Quinn jumped inside the cabin and stared seriously at the younger boy. "I think I know where they're headed," he said, "but we'll need to follow them closely to make sure."

"I asked you, where?" Elliot asked, trying to sound polite. The child of Lilith could get really mad when someone was rude to him.

Quinn looked nervous. "Utah," he said, "near the Salt Lake area I think. Now come on, or we'll lose them!"

Elliot gasped. "Now?" he asked, frantically packing a knapsack with necessities, "Oh crap. Why didn't you just say so?"

Quinn rolled his eyes. "Finish packing fast and then get on my back," he said, "we're going to have to fly."

END OF ACT FIVE