(Fred) Act One, Scene Four

Fred was still reeling from his kissing episode with Madeline, but he decided not to say anything to his cabin mates. They would just tease him for all eternity, and Fred could live without that. When he reached Cabin 6, he took a deep breath and forced himself to act natural, opening the door and letting himself in.

When he entered the cabin, it was quiet per the usual. There was some rustling of papers and books that disturbed the silence, but that was it. He took another deep breath and headed over to his bed. He gently sat down and thought over what had happened. He gasped as he realized that he was to meet Madeline in three minutes.

Fred had no choice but to stand up and walk right back out the door again. On his way out, one of his half-sisters gave him a weird look, but didn't say anything (much to his relief). Fred bit his lip, wondering what he would say to Madeline once he found her at Zeus' Fist.

Madeline bounced on her heels and played with her power-suppressor that took the form of a bracelet. She was wearing jeans and a purple Camp Jupiter T-shirt, though to Fred, she looked prettier than Aphrodite herself (not that he would ever say it aloud of course. Aphrodite would probably blast him to bits if she knew).He approached the girl of his dreams with a smile on his face, "Hey, Maddie. Have you been waiting long?"

Madeline smiled and shook her head. "No," she said, "only a couple of minutes. But I came early, so you're on time. Don't worry about it."

"That's good. I wanted to ask you a question," Fred said, he could hear his heartbeat in his ears.

Madeline's two-toned eyes widened, and she blushed. "Yes?" she mumbled quietly, "What do you want to tell me?"

"Do you, uh," Fred stuttered. He swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbed and Madeline thought, How cute, he's nervous! "Would you be my girlfriend?" He finished in a rush.

Madeline blinked, surprised at his question. Fred crossed his fingers, hoping, hoping... "Yes," Madeline breathed, "I'd love to."

"Yes!" the son of Athena yelled. He placed his arms around the magical girl's waist before he picked her up and swung her in a circle.

Madeline laughed, and Fred put his new girlfriend down, breathless with excitement. He smiled at her. He liked how her laugh sounded. It was really pretty. Madeline smiled back and threw her arms around him. He did the same. Madeline sighed, content now.

END OF ACT ONE