Chapter 2

*Emily’s POV

Guen bumped me in the side but I was too busy glaring at Harry. “Stop staring.” I looked at her and whispered, “Bathroom. Now.” I stood up and she followed me. But then Tatyanah asked us, “Hey! Where are you going?”

“Bathroom. I need to.. you know.” I said, nervously, hoping she won’t notice anything.

“Okay, come back soon.” She said.

“Don’t eat my food though!”

“No promises!”

I turned around and started walking but I bumped into something. No wait, someone. And for all the people in this canteen, it has to be Harry. Oh no, it can’t be just anyone else, it has to be him. Thanks, fate. He muttered something I don’t quite understand. It’s like starry or gravy or something.

“What?” I said coldly.

“I said sorry.” He smiled down at me. Can I say I am now extra irritated because he’s now taller than me and the last time I saw him we were at the same height?

“Okay.” I was about to leave when he hold my hand. I shivered and I swear I felt like electricity went through me. 

“Hey, wait. Don’t think I forgot about you, Emily Mcle-“ I cut him off and rolled my eyes. “And don’t think I care Styles.” He withdrew his hold on me and I frowned. Wait what?! No. I can’t frown. I hate him, remember? Ah, fuck. “Wait Emily!” But me and Guen already left.

--

“Who does he think he is?!” I bury my hands in my head. “You know, I never really knew the reason why you know him, why you were so rude to him, why are you like this right now. I’m not gonna stop you, but I will ask you questions.” Guen said to me while patting my back.

“Look Guen, I know that boy. As you know, He’s name is Harry Styles. He used to be my best friends. Well that was before he left for the States 2 years ago. Before my last goodbye we had a stupid argument. Like a really stupid one. I was practically mad at him because he’s leaving with his dumb girlfriend, Maddie. And that girl hates me to pieces. Like seriously hate me. Well Harry doesn’t really know Maddie and I always bicker whenever he’s not around. I never really told him because I don’t want me and him to fight. But when I found out about him leaving, I exploded. That was the last straw.” I told her everything about Harry and I. Even the time I started falling in love with him but I stopped because he might not return the feelings.

“You know, Em, maybe it’s not bad to start a new friendship.” I looked at her, is this girl crazy?!

“Oh, please. No.”

“Don’t think I didn’t see that smile you were wearing when you were talking about him few moments ago!” She laughed. Wait, was I really smiling?

“I wasn’t smiling! And I definitely think you’re lying!” I pointed out but my voice cracked. Guen sighed.

“There’s nothing wrong on making a fresh start with him. Ever heard ofSecond Chances? He deserves that. You guys were young, and when you were telling me stories about him, your eyes are truly sparkling. I know deep down you seriously want him to be back. “

“You know me too well, Guen.”

“I know.”

We walked at the corridor but someone grabbed Guen. I looked at my left and Johnny, her boyfriend, was covering her eyes. “Guess who!” he said.

“ORLANDO BLOOM?!” Guen played along. I laughed and Johnny said, “Uhm, no.” He eventually took his hands from her eyes and she turned around. She suddenly smiled. “I knew it was you.” “Uh-huh.”

“What are you doing here?” she asked. “Looking for my beautiful girlfriend.” He pinched her cheeks and laughed. Then there was silence. They were staring at each other. But the silence was wonderful. Just a little moment of looking at your loved one and saying, ‘I’m lucky to have you.’ It’s one of those moments. But I broke it anyway. Way to go.

“I’ll leave you guys, don’t want to ruin any moment.” I winked at them.

I walked off to go back to the canteen and the last thing I saw was them kissing. I smiled. I wish I had someone like that. You act like best friends, but instead of true friendship, it was pure love. Like someone you knew forever. I thought about what Guen said.

Maybe I should start a new friendship with Harry? He seems nice.

Let’s just hope for the best then.