Chapter 29

*Emily’s POV

The week flew by so fast. I already made a mental routine. I would go and finish school, Harry would pick me up at my house, then practice at Drew’s house. Harry and Drew seemed to have warmed around each other and begun a friendship, which is good, cause I don’t want to deal with two ignorant teenage boys at once. I always tell Harry to not pick me up anymore, but he wouldn’t budge. He always wanted to do it. He also wants to walk me home, and if he can’t, he’d let any of our friends to do it instead. I always try my hardest to refuse, but they’ll follow anyway. I don’t know what’s gotten into them lately, always wanted to accompany everywhere. It’s getting weird, actually. Don’t get me wrong, I love all of them, but there are just some things I could do by myself. Like going to the bathroom! Buying my own lunch! And even submitting my late paperwork! But I just shrug it off every time.

It’s a Friday today, which means the Christmas Ball, more like Christmas Party, since calling it as a ‘ball’, make it so damn formal, it will be held today. I’m getting pretty nervous about it, since Maddie and Harry will be partners. I mean, I trust Harry will all my heart and kidneys, but Maddie? Nope. It will took at least 500 years until I trust her. Yes, I hate her that much.

“Emily?” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Guen. “Yeah?”

She laughed and rolled her eyes, “Told you she’s nervous about later.” Nicole, Tatyanah and Diane laughed along with her. We’re currently in our room, killing time for the ball. It’s 3:30 pm. And we should start getting ready by 4. Meg was in her own flat, probably with Niall, getting ready too.

“We should start showering now. Considering there’s 4 of us and Emily’s showers take hours.” Tatyanah said while looking at her watch, that is, until I playfully hit her arm and made her shot her eyes up.

“What was that for?!” She said, rubbing her arm.

“I only shower for like 30 minutes.” I said and crossed my arms.

She just chuckled and went up to go shower.

After 2 hours and 15 minutes, we’re all just about to slip our dresses.

Diane was wearing a black mesh dress with n*prive heels, and a white satchel. (http://www.polyvore.com/diane_christmas_ball/set?id=49970700)

Nicole was sporting a tulle dress to match her eyes, a floral flap bag, and class pumps. (http://www.polyvore.com/nicole_christmas_ball/set?id=49970610)

While Tatyanah was wearing grey color block dress, with a knuckle box clutch, and her all time favorite killer heels. (http://www.polyvore.com/tatyanah_christmas_ball/set?id=49970667)

And Guen was wearing an one shoulder pink dress, a leather bag and closed toe heels. (http://www.polyvore.com/guen_christmas_ball/set?id=49970509)

I, for last, was wearing what Drew and I picked, bow shoulder lacy dress, platform pumps and a Chanel bag. (http://www.polyvore.com/emily_christmas_ball/set?id=49970464)

Right after we slipped on our heels, someone knocked on the door.”Must be them, oh girls! Get ready!” Mom cheerfully said. She was downstairs with Jake, because I told her to wait there so she can’t see me and be surprised, what so ever.

I heard shuffling of feet downstairs and I can hear my heartbeat already. I sighed hard and just closed my eyes. “It’s just Harry, just Harry in a tuxedo.. He’ll just look the same. Only cuter, hotter, more handsome, and probably the most adorable person on the entire planet- oh god what am I saying? He’ll still be the same. I’ve seen him multiple times in tux, but he was younger back then. And now.. with those adorable curls and nice build.. Oh god I should shut up.” I started mumbling to myself. I looked around the room and saw that I was alone. I took a deep breath and grabbed my bag.