Chapter 19

*Emily’s POV

I walked through the doors of the canteen and suddenly everybody looked at me. Maddie was standing at table and she was smiling mischievously at me. I then realized this girl must have done something really, really bad. I walked quietly to my table with my head down and Maddie suddenly laughed.

“You see? She’s guilty!” She said.

I stood up, shaking, “Guilty of what?”

“Oh, don’t play safe honey. I know it all. You told me that day when I helped you when you have that terrible hung over, right?” She put her hands unto her chest dramatically.

“W-what do you mean? All you did wa-“ But she cut me off.

“You plainly told me everything! The fact that you only like Harry to get popularity? And you told me that your friends are practically nothing to you. And that you never loved Harry? You told me all of that, sweetie. Don’t play safe. It’s time for everyone to know that, you- miss little evil queen- is not what they thought they are.” She finished then looked at me evilly.

“T-that’s not true!” I shouted. Tears were forming in my eyes and threatening to fall but I hold it back. I need to stay strong for this. I can’t cry over her. She’s pathetic.

I looked over my friends, and they were all looking at me and there are mixed emotions all in all.

Nicole, Diane and Tatyanah were looking at me sadly.

Guen and Johnny were shocked.

Zayn, Liam and Louis were glaring at me.

Meg and Niall looked at me blankly.

And Harry..

He was crying. Anger, Sadness, Fury, and Depression ran all over his face.

I’ve got nothing to say. My senses shut down. My feelings ran away. My mind went blank. I looked at Maddie, she was wearing her signature evil smile. I never knew she would do this. I thought her threats were empty. How could she?

I did what I always do. I’m weak, I know.

I ran away.

I went under the tree and started balling my eyes out. I don’t know what to do anymore. Maddie ruined my life more than anyone else.

I was crying for who knows how many hours, I skipped the afternoon classes and just stayed under the tree. Crying, hurting myself and more crying.

My head was buried in my hands when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and hoping it was Harry. But, no. It was Louis.

“School’s ended. Go home.”

I nodded and picked up my stuff.

“Louis I can expla-“

“Save it, Emily.”

“But-“

“Seriously, just go home. I have a date with Tatyanah..”

I beamed at him and smiled weakly, “Oh. Good for both of you..”

Then he walked away.

I rubbed my eyes and walked home. 

This time, I was really alone.

*Louis’ POV

I didn’t know why I went to Emily. I didn’t know, but I thought saying to her that school’s done will get her to work up because the principal was glaring at her already.

Anyway, I was walking with Tatyanah to a local coffee shop, for a date. Yes, I know, it’s not that special. But that’s what she told me before, she just wants to hang out and that’s considered a date already. She’s a simple girl who just likes being free.

“Lou, you okay?” She asked me. I snapped back into reality and chuckled a little bit.

“Yeah, just caught up.” I replied.

We walked silently in to the café and she told me to find us a table and she’ll buy.

“I’ll do it, babe.”

“No, Lou, let me.” She smiled brilliantly.

I sighed and nodded, no point right? Like I said, let her be.

I was looking around when I saw Emily sitting alone in a corner of the shop. She was looking into space while tapping at her drink. I looked away and Tatyanah saw me staring at Emily.

“Who are you staring at?” She asked. “Emily.”

She looked at her sympathetically and said, “I’m really sorry for her, you know? I don’t really believe Maddie. But I can’t really do anything but convince the others that it’s not true.”

“You believe her?!” I said, shocked.

She rolled her eyes at me and said, “Are you dumb, Lou? I’ve known her since middle school. You don’t expect me to believe some scum trying to ruin Emily’s life that easily. I know she would defend herself in front of that crowd earlier, but she was shocked herself. Do you believe her?”

I shrugged. She groaned. “I can’t believe you, Lou! We are her best friends and you don’t believe her? That’s just stupid. Honestly, how daft can you be? Ugh.” 

I sighed and said, “I’m sorry.”

“I swear Louis you’re all acting stupid for believing Maddie. Anyway, don’t want to ruin the date. Here.” She handed me the coffee, “Are there carrots in here?”

She smiled. “You find it out yourself, Tomlinson.”

We talked for hours and hours, until she said that she needs to go home because it’s dark outside already. Emily was still in the corner drinking her coffee and staring in to space.

I walked Tatyanah home and bid her goodbye.

“What, no kiss?” I said while she’s unlocking her door. She turned around and ran to me, and she gave me a quick peck in the lips. I rolled my eyes and said, “What was that?”

“A kiss.” She replied simply.

“That’s not a kiss!” I complained.

“Well then, Tomlinson, you show me what a real kiss is.” I smirked at her and put my hands on her waist. She snaked her arms around my neck and I leaned in.

She leaned in more and I closed the gap between us. I kissed her passionately for who knows how long.

After the kiss, she said, “Thanks for teaching me, Louis. Great kiss.” I winked.

I hugged her and said, “I had an amazing time, baby. Thanks. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

She walked off and waved. I smiled and mouthed goodbye before walking in to the familiar streets of quietness and darkness.